Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fighters & social media

I asked freeman a question on Facebook and he threatened to smash my head in and called me a whole load of names, he misunderstood what I was saying but blocked me before I could explain. Apparently he made a status about me but I couldn't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Grake View Post
    I asked freeman a question on Facebook and he threatened to smash my head in and called me a whole load of names, he misunderstood what I was saying but blocked me before I could explain. Apparently he made a status about me but I couldn't see it
    Ahhhhhhhhh that's you. LOL

I'm not a fan of nasty or insulting trolling and I'm not a fan of trash talk or sledging as cricketers like to call it.

However I don't see how threatening some prat who's saying nasty things about you on the internet is justified either. Furthermore, last time I checked, threatening behaviour was a criminal offence so anyone who threatens a troll is taking huge risks with their own liberty while the person provoking them may not technically have done anything illegal.

My mum (aged 82) thinks social media is the root of all evil and I'm beginning to agree with her
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh that's you. LOL
    Umm yeh, I was in Hartlepool last week and I had a total stranger ask me about it, guess I really pissed him off.

Sorry Mr Freeman sir, if you read this :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Curtis Woodhouse turned up at the address of a guy that was trolling him; the fella shat his pants. The guy had been mugging him off on twitter for a period of time so he offered a couple of hundred quid if someone could pass on his address. He wasn't nearly as brave when he had Curtis on his doorstep and clearly the abused stopped. Shame this doesn't happen more often!

Eddie bravo was talking about this on his podcast the other night,for some reason I had Paul smith jr in me head

Quote Originally Posted by Grake View Post
    Umm yeh, I was in Hartlepool last week and I had a total stranger ask me about it, guess I really pissed him off.

Sorry Mr Freeman sir, if you read this :-)
    What did you say?!

MMA or the UFC in particular seems different to other sports though. The UFC loves all the WWE style scripted feuds to sell fights using twitter and forums. This seems to encourage fans to respond too fighters in the same manner, but obviously some take it too far.

In football or what ever the fixture list is announced at the start of the season and they don't need to pretend that the players hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What did you say?!
    I foolishly asked if he tapped to knees against V.Overeem years ago, it's just that the results I have read from the bout had him submitting to knees, I thought it was a little strange so asked if it were true.
    He called me a kiddy fiddler and all sorts, said he'd saved my picture and was going to batter me!

I was at that event. Some great fights that night. Freeman was taking some nasty shots but didn't tap. The ref stepped in while he was taking knees to the head on the floor, and waved it off due to a cut.

Similar thing happened when he fought Bob Schrijber over there, IIRC.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

wow, you went to Holland for a show, awesome, when was that, 2001-3? I did that once and it was a very confusing experience.

i read that event didn't have good medical cover and that no-one stitched Ian up for hours after. not sure how true that is.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'