Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCMMA 37 Fight Card

It's good to see a clear breakdown of who scored what but the only thing it says wrong is:

If the point had not been taken off it would have been 28-28 then the outcome would have been a draw.
    That referring to judge 3 who had it 29-28 Beaumont.

If there hadn't have been a point taken off it would have been 30-28 Beaumont and split decision victory to Beaumont rather than a draw.

I've not seen the fight yet but I imagine it's yet another nip and tuck affair with a swing round or two.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

R1 - 29-28 Bunduku
    R2 - 28-28 (ie. 29-28 to Beaumont but with point taken off)
    R3 - 29-28 Beaumont

= Draw.

That's how I saw it anyway, but then I wasn't watching it as a judge.

Either way it was an interesting/good fight. Both aggressive guys who are always worth watching imo

Quote Originally Posted by chingluksuwa View Post
    R1 - 29-28 Bunduku
    R2 - 28-28 (ie. 29-28 to Beaumont but with point taken off)
    R3 - 29-28 Beaumont

= Draw.

That's how I saw it anyway, but then I wasn't watching it as a judge.

Either way it was an interesting/good fight. Both aggressive guys who are always worth watching imo
    Huh.... you do know it's a ten point must system dude? Not sure what you've got there!

I think you mean:

10-9 Bunduku
    9-9
    10-9 Beaumont

My understanding is it can never be a 9-9 in any circumstances. Hence the term 10 point must.

I've always thought you just score the fight as normal then just take the point away of the total at the end.

When i watch this fight live i thought Beaumont won. Also it seemed like one time he claimed a low blow it was above the waistline.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    My understanding is it can never be a 9-9 in any circumstances. Hence the term 10 point must.

I've always thought you just score the fight as normal then just take the point away of the total at the end.

When i watch this fight live i thought Beaumont won. Also it seemed like one time he claimed a low blow it was above the waistline.
    No, you take the point away at the end of the round, not the end of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    No, you take the point away at the end of the round, not the end of the fight.
    Ah OK.

There a source that clears that up somewhere Jay? Because i can remember someone official telling me about it cant be 9-9.

Not saying your not official lol. Just when someone asks me who told me that i cant say some bloke i know called Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Ah OK.

There a source that clears that up somewhere Jay? Because i can remember someone official telling me about it cant be 9-9.

Not saying your not official lol. Just when someone asks me who told me that i cant say some bloke i know called Jay
    I remember reading something a while back and I believe the reason you can score a 9-9 round (due to a point deduction) is because you take the point away AFTER scoring the round. So the winner WOULD be scored 10 points, but THEN has the point deducted.

Typically though, I can't for the life of me find the article I read this in. Wiki does kinda confirm it tho:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profess...boxing#Scoring

If the referee instructs the judges to deduct a point for a foul, this deduction is applied after the preliminary computation. So, if a fighter wins a round, but is penalized for a foul, the score changes from 10-9 to 9-9.

Somewhere Marc Goddards ears are burning and he is angry for no apparant reason.

9-9 rounds are fine. If a fighter 1 wins the round 10-9 and then loses 1 point for a foul it would be 9-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Somewhere Marc Goddards ears are burning and he is angry for no apparant reason.

9-9 rounds are fine. If a fighter 1 wins the round 10-9 and then loses 1 point for a foul it would be 9-9.
    http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision...Norman-Paraisy

Like Round 1 here
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Glad thats cleared up then. Trying to think who told me about this has to be 10 no matter what thing. It was someone respected.

And Sledge the ironic thing is i judged one of Marcs fights back in the day haha. Good job he didnt get a point taken away