Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which fight.......

Agreed I think people forget how good that fight actually was because of McLellans injurys... loved that decade of boxing

The best but most wont remember match between champion Joe Frazier (26-0, 23 KO's) and Ali (31-0, 25 KOs), in 1971 at Madison Square Gardens. All sorts of political undertones in the build up as well.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Tyson vs Lewis. I made a fair bit of money from mates in that fight who though mike was gonna get inside and land hooks at will.

My favourite fight (any combat sport) was Benn vs McLellan which was the comlpete opposite. everyone thought Gerald was gonna come over here destroy Benn quick, including me. But that actually turned out to be super close until the stoppage. I think this would've been an all time classic if Gerald hadnt suffered his horrific injuries
    Couldn't agree more, best fight I've ever watched. Such a shame that the tragic conclusion overshadowed the fight itself. Makes it hard to watch again knowing what you're actually witnessing.

I think my answer to the original question would be Lewis v Tyson (a popular choice) or even Lewis v Bruno.

I went to watch Lewis v Bruno at the old Cardiff Arms park... was a good night that!