Thread: Mark Hunt

Default Mark Hunt

I can feel this through my monitor.

Nice to see him mixing it up with his elbows. And by "mixing it up", I mean literally, using his elbow as a blender for that coconut smoothie he was trying to make last night.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Here's another good pic from last night

993497_10152063182106276_173728789_n.jpg

Holy fuck what a fight. I had low expectations going in to that fight, needless to say my expectations were blown away.

Impossible to pick a fight of the year, Jones/Gus, Melendez/Sanchez, and now Hunt/Silva. All would be locks to win the award any other year. But this year all these fights are so damn good.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Nice Shogun pic and puts to bed something that was bothering me.

It seemed clear that he deliberately missed that last punch when he realised TeHuna was out, but every podcast and after show I heard mention that there was an unnecessary shot afterwards and the ref should have stopped it earlier.

I've watched it a few times and I agree it looked like he pulled the punch at the last moment. Shogans a warrior and a real classy fella, imo he is not the type of guy to land again if he knows the other guy is out

I thought he pulled the punch, the angles that I saw you couldn't tell but watching it in real time the first time I assumed he had done a Hendo a'la Bisping but watching the replays me and my mates all felt he either pulled it or tried to.

Nice to see Shogun looking sharp but...I think he seems to be up and down these days, really hope he can do an Old Vitor and start tearing it up again as since he arrived in the UFC to my proclamation to my mates who never watched Pride that he was coming to fuck some fools up, I'd like them to see Old Shogun (Did I just go there, declaring an Old Shogun...yes, I think its time)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

agree about pulling the punch. watching it live i thought it was another hendo/bisping and a dirty late punch but he certainly seems to move his hand away at the very last second and as we know from training these things happen so quickly, most of its instinct. he didnt land it as clean as he could have anyway, i don't think.
    was the best i've seen shogan look in a while
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

while I was very pleasantly surprized with Rua's performance, I by no means expect him to return to the top of the LHW division.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    while I was very pleasantly surprized with Rua's performance, I by no means expect him to return to the top of the LHW division.
    I'd been saying that about Vitor for a long time, I can only hope Shogun proves me as wrong as Vitor is (albeit with less TRT nonsense hopefully)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.