Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partially blind in one eye can i still fight?

Hybrid View

Default Partially blind in one eye can i still fight?

i am partially blind in my right eye

i been training for over a year and out of passion wanted to fight, can i? i know i cant get a boxers licensed but from what i understand there is no governing body for MMA in Uk

And in the states you got Nick Newell and he only has one hand

The last thing you wanna be doing is telling people about it.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

tbh things like is exactly why a governing body is needed. mate no offence but you shouldnt fight if its medically unwise for you to do so. if you get completely blind from it it will not only harm you but the sport.

Having one hand is different to one eye. How is your depth perception? That's a huge deal for fighting (as I'm sure you are aware).

I remember seeing a danny dyer show about a lad called barrington who was blind in one eye and I don't think he could fight in mma tourneys either, although he trained.

No Barrington fought plenty in both MMA and kickboxing. He fought on the infamous Coventry Skydome finale all those years ago.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Really? oh ok. I thought I remember them mentioning some thing about his eye stopping him from competing some where, maybe it was internationally.

No it was possibly his criminal record that stopped that.

Eyesight cannot be overlooked (no pun intended) in any kind of sport especially if you are getting punched in the face - go to a reputable doc and ask for their opinion and I can guarantee they will tell you not to fight
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Fair enough mate you know more than me about this.

If you're partially blind, you may be able to start a lucrative career as a referee for the NSAC

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    If you're partially blind, you may be able to start a lucrative career as a referee for the NSAC
    QFT! (10 chars)
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.