Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are natural heavy hands low kicks rare?

Default Are natural heavy hands low kicks rare?

Just asking if its rare that somebody has natural heavy power in hands and low kicks without training to improve power?
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Yes. Some people just have natural power... some people have great technique but still can't knock people out. The scary people have both. Probably rare-ish yeah.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Rob.

Yeah, I'd say it's innate it some people. It can also be taught to some degree with correct technique and body mechanics, but there are people who just have it - I guess it's in the way their body moves and functions as a kinetic chain. Lucky folks they are.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

'power of punch... it's a gift from God'

- Roy Shaw
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post

- Roy Shaw
    Is there anyway to find out exactly how hard you hit so it can be compared to Pro fighters etc.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i'm glad you asked that because i know all about this. if you punch a heavy bag in the same spot, your mate can stand to the side and tell you how much it moved. if he says it moved a lot, then you hit real hard. if it doen't move a great deal then not so much. get your mate to see how much you move the bag compared top fighters and bob's your uncle, i would imagine.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Jimmy that is correct however the other method is also to kidnap a tramp - assuming you dont have a heavy bag, not everyone does... then hit said tramp, then get pro fighter to hit same said tramp and ask tramp to compare the shots.

I find this method works best also if your mate is not trustworthy and may lie to you about bag movement.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Guy I know with one of the hardest digs I've ever seen has never had a boxing lesson in his life. Pure natural talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post

- Roy Shaw
    Haha that's easy for pretty boy to say, he's fckin huge!

Some guys just pack a big punch, but there still needs to be some technique as well. In my experience power in kicks is much more down to tecnique especially mid and high kicks. I've got pretty weak skinny legs but I've always thrown hard kicks off of both legs, possibly partly to do with playing a lot of football when I was young but mainly down to good tecnique and flexibility