Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are natural heavy hands low kicks rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Enjoyed that, he could certainly bang! Gutted when he fought herol graham, took an absolute beating for 3 rounds, ref was about to stop it then caught bomber with a left hook when graham got sloppy when he tried to take him out! However, he met his match when he fought McClellan, a guy imo who was blessed with even more power than Jackson and spanked him twice. McClellan could've been an all time great if he hadn't suffered the brain injury against benn. Still think that was one of the best performances by a British boxer of all time but is rarely mentioned because of the way the fight ended. My favourite fight if all time
    You make a very good point when you look at the records they're very similar in terms of knockout percentages.

Before McClellan fought Benn he was 31-2 with 29 stoppages, Jackson finished at 55-6 with 49 stoppages.
    Both men had crazy power, I think the thing about Jackson that always amazes me is the look on the faces of the people he stops. There's so many in that video where he cracks someone and they're like "What the fuck was that?"

Interestingly enough Julian Jackson's son is a pro boxer and he's currently 17-0 with 13 stoppages and recently won on December 7th with a stoppage win over a guy who was 10-0.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm a big believer in what Rogan says about Aldo and his football background.

When i used to play (at a high level too) i'd either be a keeper of a striker. My most powerful strikes are easily my head or body kicks and personally i think that's down to years and years of my kicks up field as the technique isn't that different if you break it down.

Some people do just have it naturally though i think.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Earnie Shavers was another big hitter. He wasn't like a Tyson that looked super fast or anything, just seemed like he had hands made of lead. They were quite plodding punches a lot of the time, but that dude would turn out your lights. Real loaded body mechanics:

...and we can't leave out this man

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Earnie Shavers was another big hitter. He wasn't like a Tyson that looked super fast or anything, just seemed like he had hands made of lead. They were quite plodding punches a lot of the time, but that dude would turn out your lights. Real loaded body mechanics:

Look at the late Gary mason; the guy looked like he was in slow motion yet he had more than a 90% ko rate? Got to be natural power as he was a pretty sloppy fighter in all honesty

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    ...and we can't leave out this man

Ive just had to re watch hearns vs haggler after watching that vid! Boxing just isn't the same these days!

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    i belive if it was god given then god would have given it to jesus and he would have punched the fuck out of the romans instead of walking to his death.
    Jesus was offered that skill but as you are only allowed 1 skill he chose turning water into wine oh and being able to carry a cross the size of a bus uphill.
    Boxing Equipment - train hard - fight easy