Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSP vacates, taking indefinite leave from fighting.

Default GSP vacates, taking indefinite leave from fighting.

Just stated so on UFC conference call. Has cited pressure, personal issues & obsession as the reasons.

He also said that he had made this decision before fighting Hendricks & wasn't sure whether or not to announce it after the fight or not & this is why he was awkward in the post fight interview.

Dana White confirms Hendricks will fight Lawler at UFC 171 to determine the new champion. So that means UFC 171 has two title fights.
    Last edited by ChunkyMonky; 13-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Chunky yea I kinda new it was coming. Lawler is going to shock the world
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

How did Lawler creep in there?

Lawler is in there because he's on a good winning streak. How the hell is Hendricks there though? He lost his last fight.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyMonky View Post
    Just stated so on UFC conference call. Has cited pressure, personal issues & obsession as the reasons.

He also said that he had made this decision before fighting Hendricks & wasn't sure whether or not to announce it after the fight or not & this is why he was awkward in the post fight interview.

Dana White confirms Hendricks will fight Lawler at UFC 171 to determine the new champion. So that means UFC 171 has two title fights.
    Just has the one. the UFC posted on their instagram that Jones vs. Teixeira has been moved (again) and now headlines ufc 172
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Thanks Chunky yea I kinda new it was coming. Lawler is going to shock the world
    Fair play mate you called this straight after the Hendricks fight and took some shit for it! I would love lawler to win the title, Hendricks will no doubt mix up his striking/wrestling for this fight. Think Jonny beat gsp but also quite surprised he gets another crack straight away, he did just lose? But then I am biased, personally I'd rather see lawler vs condit

Fair play to him. MMA is uniquely taxing on you mentally, it's such a weird sport. You train for months for some thing that last as little as a few seconds and the result plays on your mind for the next maybe 4-12 months depending on who you are.

People playing football when they have a bad result just put it behind them and there is another match 7 days later. It's also a team game so you don't take all the blame.

I bet he will come back better than ever and more motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Fair play mate you called this straight after the Hendricks fight and took some shit for it! I would love lawler to win the title, Hendricks will no doubt mix up his striking/wrestling for this fight. Think Jonny beat gsp but also quite surprised he gets another crack straight away, he did just lose? But then I am biased, personally I'd rather see lawler vs condit
    Thanks Mate Lawler winning the belt would be a great example to all mid tier fighters out there to never give up always work hard and dreams can come true. And as far as Gsp goes fair play to him he made a good living from this sport and is now passing the batten so someone else can have some cheese. Was a great example of how to carry yourself in the sport.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Just has the one. the UFC posted on their instagram that Jones vs. Teixeira has been moved (again) and now headlines ufc 172
    When I posted it last night it was on the same card. Didn't check on any MMA again after that as I was out. It does make sense though to have them on separate cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    he said he was going to retire within 48 hours - 3 weeks ago. and he hasn't retired, he's done exactly what he told the world he was doing inside the octagon and that's going away for a while.

i think he'll come back and it'll be the superfight of the ages.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT