Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot suspended.

Hybrid View

Default Bigfoot suspended.

UFC have suspended him for 9 months and stripped him of his $50,000 bonus.

Over the TRT limit. He said he followed Drs advice.

This sport man. I think dana should start giving bonuses to fighters that aren't on some thing. "Natural fighter of the night".

It's a fckin joke of a situation and it further hurts the rep of the sport! Does this now show as a win for hunt on his record? This has taken the shine off of a really entertaining fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    It's a fckin joke of a situation and it further hurts the rep of the sport! Does this now show as a win for hunt on his record? This has taken the shine off of a really entertaining fight
    I think its going to be a Draw still for Hunt but a No Contest for Silva
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

TRT should be banned... it's ridiculous. Do other sports allow it?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I can just picture a 17ft 42st monster Brazillian kage fyta sitting in his onesie, with a box of kleenex, crying to Beauty and the Beast because his testosterone is so low.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

The thing is Bigfoot has a legit medical condition which requires the use of TRT. He's said he's followed strict doctor guidance so it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    The thing is Bigfoot has a legit medical condition which requires the use of TRT. He's said he's followed strict doctor guidance so it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
    Found this on Sherdog which had been borrowed from his Facebook page...

“Clarification: months before my fight, I looked for the UFC doctor Marcio Tannure in Brazil so I could start the hormonal replacement ‘TRT,’ which was authorized and recognized by a professional,” Silva wrote. “I started the treatment, and two weeks before my fight I did all the exams required by the UFC. My testosterone level continued to be low, so I was recommended by the doctor to increase the dosage. Unfortunately, my level increased too much and caused me to suspend. I only did what was recommended by someone trained who understands about the subject; therefore it was not my mistake. I'm cool, because I know that the mistake was not made by me. I never tried doing anything wrong for my fight.”

Interesting to see if he takes his doctor through the courts over this...

j
    Dr Jeremy Hyams (GMC 6052934) - Sport Doctors UK Managing Director

I know he's been busted in the past for something a little different.
    This though would make sense, bearing in mind his condition.

I don't know the process, but short of being a scientist yourself, is it difficult to know your own levels unless you are tested day in day out by a medical professional?
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    I don't know the process, but short of being a scientist yourself, is it difficult to know your own levels unless you are tested day in day out by a medical professional?
    You can't work out your own levels, it would have to be done on blood tests. It's not my area of expertise so I don't know how quickly your testosterone levels would rise on blood tests after increasing the dose, and it would depend on whether you're on oral supplements or intramuscular injections.

If it's anything like monitoring thyroxine effects or checking lithium levels though, the levels wouldn't rise particularly quickly, and it's something you could keep an eye on with regular blood tests over a period of weeks / months.

j
    Last edited by Sport Doctors UK; 18-12-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Dr Jeremy Hyams (GMC 6052934) - Sport Doctors UK Managing Director