Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone in the know explain why I ain't in the fighters only sub of year comp

Default Can someone in the know explain why I ain't in the fighters only sub of year comp

Complete and utter fucking joke is my personal view I couldn't give a fuck about the award I just don't like things that are unfair

There's probably a few fighters and trainers out there been overlooked. Theres only 5 in each category from all fights etc from last 15 months. Its the old saying you cannae please everybody. Your sub was excellent and obviously flashy and fan friendly but it was against a guy with limited submission defence no taking anything away from liam but im guessing they take all that into account too. I widnae worry too much about awards like this its all really just a bit of fun no reallygonnae affect anything Iin your career if your in it or not. Worry about things you can control not things you cant.

thought it was sub of the year myself, and this thread could have had merit, had the opening post not been written the way it was. a tad more decorum perhaps.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

I actually agree with Enty...

Who the sub was against is irrelevant. That persons sub defence just does not matter.

The simple fact is that it was a very flashy sub. Whilst flashy doesnt always equal best, it does certainly deserve a mention. To not even be nominated is a bit of a pisstake in all fairness.

There have been better?

What do u nean ive got no sub defence? Lol
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    What do u nean ive got no sub defence? Lol
    I did say limited no none lol. Just ma way of looking at it. Would explain why burkman is in there with a fairly standard guillotine. Think the fact he finished fitch who had a reputation of being hard to submit. Kinda like if scotland won the world cup and the winning goal was a shitty tap in it would probably get goal of the year even if somebody scored an overhead kick fae the halfway line in a 3rd division match somewhere.

I would say, probably because it was ok but not spectacular?
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

I think most people would think enty should have sub of year, it was class, how can tomptie say liam got no ground defence, he beat Stephen Coll a black belt at jujitsu that says it by there,
    enty was waiting for Liam to throw a right and he caught him with a perfect finish,
    Enty or mr pink armbar

Sub of the year should - IMHO - be a technically challenging "holy shit! " technique so Fitch getting choked out should not even be on the short list. Enty FTW
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative