Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Can someone in the know explain why I ain't in the fighters only sub of year comp

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The only site that had him voted as best sub was the 'shit, biased' one that no-one in the world cares about!

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...13-results.htm
    hahaha oh the irony!

Just checking back in on the thread. Regarding the flying thing and anecdotal accounts, when I fought in Brazil I did notice that there was some water retention (a couple of lbs maybe, hard to judge what would be "normal" due to my fluid intake). It's likely to do with pressure and very salty foods in general terms, though I didn't partake in the food personally because of that. If you take in water, you'll get heavier same as anyone, flying or otherwise, but it might stay on you for a day or so longer than it normally would. But you can't gain what you don't eat/drink - it's not a magical substance that your body ingests from the air when flying, and the body will readjust.

You have to prepare for it and follow the right protocols on the flight with regards to food and drink to minimise the effects, especially if you're weighing in shortly after. It sucked but it was nothing unexpected and I still had to cut the weight regardless. It certainly doesn't help you on something as drastic as a water cut though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The only site that had him voted as best sub was the 'shit, biased' one that no-one in the world cares about!

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...13-results.htm
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... *breathes* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Think I just did a little sex wee.

How did he not make the CWFC awards!?
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPerry View Post
    How did he not make the CWFC awards!?
    Probs coz its not what you know but a who you know situation in this sport.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

How does Fletcher v Barnaoui beat Ray v Buchinger into top fight of the year??

Seriously? Ray v Buchinger was 4 rds back and forth and Fletcher v Barnaoui was over in the 1st rd. Warranted it was an exciting fight whilst it lasted but not sure how it beats that?

Shit, biased YourMMA rubbish! ha ha, only joking guys, its public opinion I know ;-)
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    How does Fletcher v Barnaoui beat Ray v Buchinger into top fight of the year??

Seriously? Ray v Buchinger was 4 rds back and forth and Fletcher v Barnaoui was over in the 1st rd. Warranted it was an exciting fight whilst it lasted but not sure how it beats that?

Shit, biased YourMMA rubbish! ha ha, only joking guys, its public opinion I know ;-)
    Haha, yeah I don't claim these to be anything other than fan votes and public opinion. That's just for December by the way. We restarted them too late (September I think) to do the year as a whole, but we will in 2014. Not that anyone will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Probs coz its not what you know but a who you know situation in this sport.

He should not have been nominated by anyone due to the fact he missed weight, end of story

I like Enty, yes he needs to make weight, but he doesn't fuck about and you know where you stand with him

That been said, Blast would wrestle fuck him n can't see him taking Scraps out in 65 seconds imvho

Not good fights for him

Was a top 5 sub tho
    Brad

Just out of curiosity, how many of his 8 fights did he fail to make weight? And who against? Anyone?
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!