Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davey grant v Roland delorme

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Of corse iv googled him been on his sherdog etc

I know he is brown belt Bjj, black belt judo. Think it was 3-1 and 1nc in the ufc. Was part of tuf 14 got beat by dillashaw. But iv not seen any of his fights. And because iv read all this doesn't give me an insight on him except I no stats. That's why I asked on a forum from people likely to have seen him fight. Isn't that what these things are for?
    you said this: Can anybody shed any light on Delores. Don't no much about him.

now you say you know his gradings, ufc record and tuf history so is that not enough to base an opinion on?

Apologies if it sounds as though I was being patronising, it wasn't meant that way. More that, to generate heathly debate and opinions its normally best to have one first.

I'll step out now :-)
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Iv still not seen him fight. Some grading come harder than others depending who you train under.

Some of the boxing promoters make matches sound do close in the build up. Make it found like people have a real chance. Make it sound like they going to take it to them. Then get absolutely owned when you see them fight.

Just because iv read stuff does not give me a picture. And I also said how would he fare with davey. How can I do that without seeing even 1 round of his.

21 replies and not a single other fucking Delores Cranberry reference.
    Bunch of fucking savages in this town.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Iv still not seen him fight. Some grading come harder than others depending who you train under.

Some of the boxing promoters make matches sound do close in the build up. Make it found like people have a real chance. Make it sound like they going to take it to them. Then get absolutely owned when you see them fight.

Just because iv read stuff does not give me a picture. And I also said how would he fare with davey. How can I do that without seeing even 1 round of his.
    think we should just leave it there, we clearly have different views and ways of doing things. Again, sorry if I offended you.

If you go through each ones record to see the level of opponent faced previously etc then that generally would be a good starting point and by seeing what their loss and wins came down to can help
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

A lot of people here seem very high on Davey.

I thought he just looked ok in what seemed a weak TUF.

I think it was a weak Tuf, but I also think that Davey looked like he had the beating of any of the guys on the show other than Holdsworth, who won it. No shame in that, Holdsworth looks a very good prospect and I expect big things from him