Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK fighters that have flown off the radar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Jay gladden works on the rigs but still trains when he's home. Loz fitz is getting ready for Cage Warriors and is a beast.
    Who is he fighting at CW?

Hopefully its a step up in competition, going by Sherdog, the combined record of the guys he has fought in his three pro fights is 15-76, the guy is clearly a huge talent but it would be good for him to be given a bit more of a test, no disrespect intended to Lawrence or any of the guys he has fought.

Whats happening with paul mcveigh seems to have been out ages. I know he was dropping a weight class but seems to have went quiet all of a sudden ?

whilst we're on the subject, what are some of the guys from TUF UK v USA doing these days?
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    whilst we're on the subject, what are some of the guys from TUF UK v USA doing these days?
    I heard Nick Osipczak was making a comeback. Hope it's true as he's one of the most exciting fighters in the UK.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    Brian Hyslop will be returning soon, he's been back at training, nothing lined up yet but he is looking to fight this year and hope to get him out soon.

Adam Stevenson is fighting K1 on the Headhunters show I think soon

Dean Caldwell is coaching at New Life gym with Davie Galbraith. Think last time out he was injured and had to get checked over by the docs, not sure on his progress with that.

John Quinn I heard was going to drop to LW but not heard much since that and that was a while back

Scott Ward was in Canada last I knew so think his fighting was put on the backburner

Danny Henry got injured and had to pull out of the same K1 tourny that Adam Stevenson was in I believe

Scott ward fought and won in Canada last year. Still training.

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    Dave Faulkner is coaching up north - I think at HAMMA but not sure if that's permanent or he's just doing classes at their gym. Heard whispers of a comeback fight late last year.

Stapes is still with Bellator, and coaching a really good amateur squad at FCPC in Rochdale. Some beasts coming out of that gym.

Jeff Lawson and Dean Amasinger haven't fought for a while but are both coaching. Dean was the S&C coach for Ross Pearson on The Smashes. Not sure if either has officially retired from fighting.

Andre Winner is fighting in the upcoming AON 15k tourney.

James Wilkes is still running his Lightning MMA gym in Cali. Interestingly I believe Wilkes was the first regular TUF winner to be cut from the UFC.

Ross is the only remaining cast member in the UFC.

Of the US guys...off the top of my head - Cameron Dollar is still fighting on the US regional circuit. Lost on one of the early WSOF cards last year. Pretty sure Richie Whitson fought for the MFC title and came up short. He just broke a bit of a losing streak late last year. Jason Dent retired in 2012, but was going to have a comeback fight late last year...ended up being canceled though. Frank Lester is still training but hasn't fought for a while, and Mark Miller retired from MMA a while back.
    Last edited by brashleyholland; 30-01-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    James Wilkes is still running his Lightning MMA gym in Cali. Interestingly I believe Wilkes was the first regular TUF winner to be cut from the UFC.
    James ended up retiring because the doctors told him he'd risk paralysis if he continued fighting.
    He had a few fights lined up after UFC 120 where he lost to Claude Patrick but he had to pull out due to injury.
    He was one of the last interviews I did when I was writing.

Also I think the first TUF winner to get cut was Travis Lutter but I get what you're saying about him not being the first 'regular' TUF winner not to get axed. That was Efrain Escudero.

16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    Just thinking about some fighters of the last few years that for whatever reason have not competed in a while and was wondering if they still train or have any intentions of returning to the cage in the future, what can you guys tell me about these fighters?

Jay Gladden
    Brian Hyslop
    Lawrence Fitzpatrick
    James McGuinness
    Kieran Malone
    Scott Ward
    Bobby McVitie
    John Quinn
    Dean Caldwell
    Alan McCauley
    Adam Stevenson
    Danny Henry
    Greg Knapp
    Mick Bowman
    Dan Korbely

Random list I know but just interested to see what these guys are up to and if they will compete again?

Feel free to add more fighters on there that you're wondering about.
    Malone is fighting on SFC 20th April.

Caldwell is pretty much retired and competes in kettle bell comps now.

Mcvitie is doing fitness challenges on you tube as far as I can make out.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Malone is fighting on SFC 20th April.

Caldwell is pretty much retired and competes in kettle bell comps now.

Mcvitie is doing fitness challenges on you tube as far as I can make out.
    Are you retired Rob?

Also add Tom Breese to that list.

Tom Breese had a serious injury and is currently on the road to recovery.