Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Artem Lobov: The Prospect Killer has Record Padders in his Sights

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Apologies, Im clearly not in the know. Which rankings do the big shows go by?

Googling European mma rankings only gives:

www.yourmma.tv/rankings/

www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/

and both rank him above you(although fittingly yourmma lists you as a LW rather than FW)
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"Shit" ones that no-one cares about:

http://www.yourmma.tv/rankings/detai...ember-2013.htm

Shit ones that enty cares about (and is in FW for some reason):

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/featherweight/4/

Edit: Sounds like you've got a cool fight coming up though, looking forward to hearing who it is.
    Last edited by Jay; 29-01-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enty View Post
    [dont think we are looking at the same rankings here lads am looking at the ones the big shows go off. If the money's right I will do it but you have to understand am coming off a cool as fuck sub and I have some amazing offers, you will all know who am fighting shortly and one things for sure no one will be saying I am ducking anyone when it gets announced who am fighting you will all tell me I can't beat the legend am fighting and am gonna prove u all wrong once again.
    Listen, i'll really dumb it down so you understand.

You cannot be ranked sweet cheeks, if you're never weighed in at that weight. Therefore, the rankings you're going off are incorrect. You're a fat featherweight and a light lightweight. You should either make weight or move back up.

[dont think we are looking at the same rankings here lads am looking at the ones the big shows go off. If the money's right I will do it...
    You are fucking deluded if you truly, in your heart and head, believe that you should be ranked when you've never made the weight when it mattered. Surely when you go to bed at night you don't actually 100% believe you've earned the right to be there WHEN YOU DIDN'T FIGHT AT THE WEIGHT. You can kid yourself but you can't kid those who follow the sport.

But then again props to you for taking advantage of the system and the fact that nobody notes on Sherdog etc that the weight has been missed and bouts have been fought at catchweight.

It highlights the inadequacies of the system that is used, the information that is shared and that anybody who uses MMA math, especially in the UK where the sport isn't regulated, is slightly slow.

Artem Lobov, Brad Wheeler vs Chris Fishgold, Ian Entwistle for a fatal 4 way MMA bout.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Yeah fight matrix is the only one I care about where am sat at 6th in the featherweight division. Lobovs not even in the top 25.

Anyways look am not saying I won't fight the man but am fighting next month and in June so I don't know what anyone wants me to do. Am not gonna choose to fight lobon in England over those two fights, I want to test myself and fight big international names at this moment in time I couldn't even make room to fit you in jay and I really want to fight you if am honest.

Am not arguing and am certainly not ducking it just doesn't make financial sense or practical sense for me to fit a fight inbetween them 2.

You have my word as a man if I ever fight in England again on any English promotion you will be the first man I fight. Fair enough.

When u find out who am fighting and on what promotion am sure you will all understand.

The top and bottom of it is I have played a game for many years on here to get the fights I have wanted to get and build up hype for my fights I came from a small gym and I needed to do it to get big fights on big shows. am in a position now where I don't need to do this anymore on here or on twitter and to be quite honest am focused on training and my next opponent and I can't be arsed to argue because it just doesn't benefit me anymore and I just can't be bothered

Yeah fight matrix is the only one I care about where am sat at 6th in the featherweight division. Lobovs not even in the top 25.
    Maybe I'm misreading, but Fight matrix has Artem at 27, and you at 28 in FW?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Anyways look am not saying I won't fight the man but am fighting next month and in June so I don't know what anyone wants me to do. Am not gonna choose to fight lobon in England over those two fights, I want to test myself and fight big international names at this moment in time I couldn't even make room to fit you in jay and I really want to fight you if am honest.

Am not arguing and am certainly not ducking it just doesn't make financial sense or practical sense for me to fit a fight inbetween them 2.

You have my word as a man if I ever fight in England again on any English promotion you will be the first man I fight. Fair enough.

When u find out who am fighting and on what promotion am sure you will all understand.

The top and bottom of it is I have played a game for many years on here to get the fights I have wanted to get and build up hype for my fights I came from a small gym and I needed to do it to get big fights on big shows. am in a position now where I don't need to do this anymore on here or on twitter and to be quite honest am focused on training and my next opponent and I can't be arsed to argue because it just doesn't benefit me anymore and I just can't be bothered
    Fair enough.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading, but Fight matrix has Artem at 27, and you at 28 in FW?
    http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks...=&StateFilter=

Lobov isn't from the UK.

Have a look at the Euro rankings, he is above you. Case closed.

You must be looking at them in the UK and of course Artem is based in Ireland. He is above you in those rankings. They're right up there to see ^^^^

It's convenient for you that they're the rankings you care about, but they're shite. For a start I'm #3 above many fighters that deserve higher placing. That's only at FW - across the board they're poor (and you're not a FW yet).

Fair play, at least now you're admitting that every fighter has to pick prudent fights at some point in their career. It's a start towards actually making some sense. You've kept people interested online to get fights and hype fights. Good luck with your training. I wouldn't wish anything bad against you, even if you want to embarrass me and cripple me and all that shite.