Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pickett chasing UFC flyweight title

Hybrid View

Default Pickett chasing UFC flyweight title

Dan Lloyd managed to catch up with Brad Pickett ahead of his flyweight debut in London. Brad talks about the weight cut, motivations to move to 125lbs, and getting the title:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...ian-mccall.htm

YourMMA.tv: And thatís not the only special occasion here! This will be your very first fight at 125lbs in the flyweight division. Last time we spoke you seemed sure that you wanted to stay at 135lbs. What has changed since then?

Brad Pickett: Well I kind of ran out of fights at bantamweight that would have given me a clear path to the title. If I had beaten Michael McDonald I would have probably had my title shot, but I didnít. I want to be number one, Iím not just happy being in the UFC making up the numbers. I need challenges, I need motivation to better myself.

I wasnít the biggest bantamweight. I wasnít the smallest either, but I definitely wasnít the biggest, so I had a chat to my coaches and people close to me. They all thought I could make the weight and I donít want to finish my career and think shoulda, woulda, coulda. I want to be able to say Iíve done everything in my power to be number one in the world. If I lose to Ian McCall, Iíll probably go back up to bantamweight. Flyweight is tough to make for me, but as of right now, Iím on course.

Fingers crossed he can do the business. I think he will,
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Just seen this on his twitter feed. Hope he's not injured.

All I can say is that I knew it would happen...... I just knew it !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hysteresis View Post
    Just seen this on his twitter feed. Hope he's not injured.
    Just seen it reported on MMAweekly, it's McCall who is injured, Brad must be gutted.

Brad will never pass Ian and definitely not Ali Bagautinov.

Quote Originally Posted by Brustablett View Post
    Brad will never pass Ian and definitely not Ali Bagautinov.
    Anton, NO CHANCE!. A 125lbs Pickett beats the majority of the 125er's. Him and Ali is a good fight and one im sure will happen unless Ali gets a shot at Mighty Mouse next
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

should be enough time to get him an opponent though to keep him busy and have him fight for his countrymen.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

If needs be chuck in another Brit.

Brad should fight.

Who you got in mind? McVeigh, Seery, Menga?

Seery and the gang haven't shut up on twitter all week. He'll do.