Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last nights show in Aberdeen

Default Last nights show in Aberdeen

What can I say, I have been to so many shows that I stopped counting a while back but I won't forget the immortals one last night. Il keep this short but it has to be the most unprofessional one that I have witnessed. And I can't see many clubs pushing fighters for the next one. Shame to see that shit up in Aberdeen.
    sick of the bullshit !

What happened mate and do you have results?

This is a quote from 'THE MMA SHOW' facebook page:

"Only drawbacks - a 7 fight show should not take 5 and a half hours, especially when there are no decisions and more than half of the fights end in round 1. There were some mismatches aswell which led to finishes but not necessarily good fights."

An average wait of 47 minutes per fight, no thanks.
    An unintuitive consequence of conditional probability.

Wow! Dosen't sound good, Eff that!

I fought on the show.
    we was well looked after. hotel was great yes was 7 fights 2 people could not make weight and a person failed the medical gary had no choice to to run a fight then wait 10. 15mins I believe it was not 47mins well the 4pro fights was 10 mins apart as all fighters in the red corner was with me
    the miss match guy step in in few hours notice to try and save the show as he was on verge of cancelling it.
    me, kev reed and brad evans from Wales really enjoyed it. not bad for only the 2nd show tbh.
    neil was a great reff and gary was stressed to max....
    MMA - Dogs of War, Penarth, Sam John.
    Muay Thai - Eagles Cardiff, Lee Power
    Brazilian Jujitsu - Gracie Barra Swansea, Chris Rees
    Boxing/Conditioning - Fight Academy Wales, Darren Wilson

Sponsored
    ]

http://www.onestopboxingshop.com/

Il keep the post short but here's the facts, the fights were massively matched in the organising teams favour, infact I'd go as far as saying that it was the worse matchmaking I have seen in a long time. The incident with the fighters weight was a joke. Our 3 hour drive was a waste of time.
    sick of the bullshit !

Sorry you didn't enjoy the show, it's always sad to hear negatives about any show but I guess you can't please everyone.

The doors opened for the show at 5:30, to allow the crowd to get in, get a drink and find a seat, with the first fight scheduled for 7pm, the show started at around 7:15-7:30 which is not that unusual in UKMMA and the last fight finished around 10:45pm, this gives a viewing time of 3-3.5 hours.

As with any show, Immortals 2 was plagued with call offs and let downs on the run up to fight night, unfortunately this carried on into the day as well, fighters missing weight and failing medicals happens and the pressure this puts on any card is huge. I'm not going into details about who did what but I will say that making weight is the responsibility of the fighter and the fighters coach and although this only affected the Amateur card it does make a big difference to a show. We started the Friday with 11 bouts and finished the Saturday morning with 7, no promoter can a) foresee that or b) put in contingencies for it.

The fight with the massive weight difference went ahead because the lighter man felt he had the ability to compete and win and stepped up to fight to help try and save the card, if he hadn't it would have been 6 bouts rather than 7.

From the 7 bouts, 6 had members of immortals fighting, from the six bouts Immortals took 3 and their opponents took 3, so if you are using this as a way to measure equality in matchmaking then it couldn't be more even.

Promoting grass roots shows is probably the hardest thing to do in combat sport, lots of work and stress for little or no profit, they only grow with someone like Gary Paterson at the helm, risking his money for zero return. Small shows need the support of local gyms especially and the support of the fans in order to grow, to slate them out right will not help the sport to grow but as I said we can't please everyone.

When you have people like Neil Hall praising the efforts of a show and respected fighters like Denzil, John Cullen and Artem Lobov praising a show, then you have to admit that the promoter has got something to be proud of.

While I respect everyone's right to an opinion, I can only take people seriously when they use their name to sign their work.

Hope to see you all at Immortals 3

Stuart Allan. MC/Commentator.
    Fight of the Night Ltd.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

this is why there should be a charity funded by some rich guy, paying people of differing levels to sit ready to compete - and take carefully matched fights at the last minute. could get some sponsorship involved and do youtube documentaries on the hard bastards ready to go.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

What were the results?

Quote Originally Posted by denzil View Post
    I fought on the show.
    we was well looked after. hotel was great yes was 7 fights 2 people could not make weight and a person failed the medical gary had no choice to to run a fight then wait 10. 15mins I believe it was not 47mins well the 4pro fights was 10 mins apart as all fighters in the red corner was with me
    the miss match guy step in in few hours notice to try and save the show as he was on verge of cancelling it.
    me, kev reed and brad evans from Wales really enjoyed it. not bad for only the 2nd show tbh.
    neil was a great reff and gary was stressed to max....
    Hello I just want to take the opportunity to say I love your work Man I remember watching you years ago and your still going I hope life is good and thank you for competing for our entertainment it has always been a great pleasure to watch you compete.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000