Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with not fighting?

Ryan - did you have a martial arts background before you started MMA.

If you love fighting you can still develop as a fighter outside of the sport. Get involved in the art rather than the reality of fighting.

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Ryan - did you have a martial arts background before you started MMA.

If you love fighting you can still develop as a fighter outside of the sport. Get involved in the art rather than the reality of fighting.
    No I had never train anything but the art of drinking before I started training at ZT but now I run a small mma school in Brighton using what I had learnt in my time at ZT and training with other fighters to help teach at my place and now have guys fighting on some small uk shows and also one of the biggest uk shows shock n awe next month but I'm still doing a bit of boxing with one of the England ABA boxing coaches we have teaching at my gym...
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma @Ryanwhitemma

The best thing is to develop other interests outside of MMA.

Broaden and develop your identity away from the social constraints of the sport.

Too much focus on sport competition - especially this sport - ain't healthy in the long run.