Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oh by the way, there's a good thread in the Scottish forum.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default oh by the way, there's a good thread in the Scottish forum.

check it out.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...ow-in-Aberdeen

please admins listen. this is a fuckin classic example of why we need only very few forums. everyone would be interested to read this thread, but it's hidden away in a sub-forum.

everyone should be able to see everything, right away. the forum is on its knees. it needs rationalising.

having massive numbers of sub-forums is for overflowing forums like sherdog. too much film discussion clogging up the general discussion section, ok, make a films chat sub-forum. - that makes sense

- but for CW, there are few patrons these days. we need fewer forums to condense what discussion we have and provoke more.

MMA, other fighting, BJJ, training/nutrition, general, for sale, help.

*edit, if you'd like to mention a topic, i'll help you direct it correctly to the right forum from the list above. free of charge service that is, taxman isn't involved.
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 21-02-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Meh, I didn't even realise what forum it was in, I just always click on New Posts everytime I pop on here, but indeed this forum is dying a slow death...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

it's okay guys, don't panic.

.....I'm back
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

that's very good to hear.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    check it out.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...ow-in-Aberdeen

please admins listen. this is a fuckin classic example of why we need only very few forums. everyone would be interested to read this thread, but it's hidden away in a sub-forum.

everyone should be able to see everything, right away. the forum is on its knees. it needs rationalising.

having massive numbers of sub-forums is for overflowing forums like sherdog. too much film discussion clogging up the general discussion section, ok, make a films chat sub-forum. - that makes sense

- but for CW, there are few patrons these days. we need fewer forums to condense what discussion we have and provoke more.

MMA, other fighting, BJJ, training/nutrition, general, for sale, help.

*edit, if you'd like to mention a topic, i'll help you direct it correctly to the right forum from the list above. free of charge service that is, taxman isn't involved.
    ^this

don't want to see this forum die. quieter now than it's ever been. used to be a day goes by without a reply and a thread would be on the second page. not much chat these days, need to encourage new posters and get some of the old faces back.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Any suggestions on how to get posters on here though? what can we do? (that's a question not a moan btw)
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    Any suggestions on how to get posters on here though? what can we do? (that's a question not a moan btw)
    generating discussion, basically. if a forum looks dead there's less chance of new members sticking around. those who are here need to be posting.

would help to get the old cagewarriors style back too. the banter on here used to be second to none. the dry wit and humor is something that only gets drowned out amongst the monotony of loud mouthed yet moronic yanks flooding other mma internet forums.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

You fuckers want me back LIKE?

Hiya
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

It's getting on for 6 years since I stopped training so this forum is getting less and less relevant to me anyway. Nevertheless, I still look in a few times a weeks because even though I've never met them in person, there are a lot of the old posters I think of as old friends... and it's the same kind of pleasure as bumping into someone in the street you've not seen for a while.

The fact is though that most people rely on things like Twitter and Facebook for that kind of thing now as well as for fight publicity etc. Therefore I think this forum will soon go the same way as SFUK; become less and less viable and eventually be closed down
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Back on topic, that was a really good thread on the Scottish forum with different opinions about an event being discussed reasonably amicably
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with