Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oh by the way, there's a good thread in the Scottish forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    You fuckers want me back LIKE?

Hiya
    Sure do.

hiya.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    generating discussion, basically. if a forum looks dead there's less chance of new members sticking around. those who are here need to be posting. .
    LP is correct

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    You fuckers want me back LIKE?

Hiya
    even poor quality posters are needed mate

*jokes
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

wicked HL, with some awesome ref-camming, here on our very own forum, imagine that.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...122#post884122
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    It's getting on for 6 years since I stopped training so this forum is getting less and less relevant to me anyway. Nevertheless, I still look in a few times a weeks because even though I've never met them in person, there are a lot of the old posters I think of as old friends... and it's the same kind of pleasure as bumping into someone in the street you've not seen for a while.

The fact is though that most people rely on things like Twitter and Facebook for that kind of thing now as well as for fight publicity etc. Therefore I think this forum will soon go the same way as SFUK; become less and less viable and eventually be closed down
    there's no reason for the forum to die. particularly not one that generates the traffic this place does. forums are always relevant. if the discussion is entertaining people will join in. most who contributed when this place peaked probably didn't train much more than casually. it's always good to have the opinions of those who've training and fought whether current or retired.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

at the very least, please merge some forums:

dictator forum - move to - mma
    ref room - mma
    injured - weights training condition
    s&c - weights training condition

amateur - mma
    womens mma - mma

gyms/ clubs/ fighters - mma

movies - general
    troll hole - general

you know it makes sense, fuck all those sub-forums, they don't have any real traffic and what they have is wasted cos no-one sees the stuff

And get rid of the boxing forum, its a dead sport that.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I once suggested merging a muay thai forum with a boxing forum. I was laughed out of site(!)

Yeah Muay Thai is going places, boxing isn't, why merge a dead sport with an up and coming one?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I think there's certainly a lack of contact, so to speak, with regards to those running the site and the forum. Before the CW takeover a lot of people did a lot of work as mods keeping the forum ticking over and keeping threads and sections organised. Feels like it's kind of been left to die these days and it's only really the long term posters making effort to resucitate.
    at it's peak CW was one of the most viewed sports forums on the web and had a banter none could really match.

as jimmy said, first thing that needs to happen is to condense it, to elevate chat in the main forums.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Just chuck everything into 2 forums, jobs a good un.

MMA

General/Non-MMA

There isn't enough posters these days for anymore distinction to be needed
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA