Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CW featherweight title

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    please be a one night tournament, please be a one night tournament, please be a one night tournament......
    Yeah definitely the most exciting format as anything can happen.

A strong four manner would be Turner, Entwistle, Furness and Fishgold.

Problem with that is if CW decided not to bring in other guys to compete in the 4 manner and use signed fighers they'd be looking for guys who have fought (and made the weight) a couple of times with handy records e.g:

Graham Turner 5-2 (ex challenger)
    Jean N'Doye 4-1
    Alex Enlund 3-1
    Chris Fishgold 3-0
    Arnold Allen 3-0 (maybe)

I imagine they'll put together a great match up a la the WW fight in a couple weeks.

Who's fighting for the WW title?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Problem with that is if CW decided not to bring in other guys to compete in the 4 manner and use signed fighers they'd be looking for guys who have fought (and made the weight) a couple of times with handy records e.g:

Graham Turner 5-2 (ex challenger)
    Jean N'Doye 4-1
    Alex Enlund 3-1
    Chris Fishgold 3-0
    Arnold Allen 3-0 (maybe)

I imagine they'll put together a great match up a la the WW fight in a couple weeks.
    yep totally agree with this, think naramani deserves to be in there aswel though, I think allen needs a good test and a step up now

Ian,

You and I have burried the hatchet and I am in no way being confrontational and with all due respect but Chris has a point.

You cannot be expected to be offered a title shot when you have a long history of not making weight.

If you miss weight in a normal bout you give your opponent a few quid.

If you miss weight in a title it is called off.

So let me ask you this. If you were the promoter would you risk losing a main event title fight on someone with a proven tack reacord of missing weight?

You were a business man who ran a night club right? If 1 of your barmaids was ALWAYS late for work. Would you trust her for a special bar job where the main criteria was to turn up on time? Of course you wouldn't.

This is in no way personal. I run a business and from a purely business perspective you represent a risk. Now if you can make weight a couple of times in a row thenhat will all be forgotten about and I'm sure you will get a title shot. You skill level is not in question. Your skills deserve a shot but with the underlying risk you are not a safe bet to hinge a main event on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Ian,

You and I have burried the hatchet and I am in no way being confrontational and with all due respect but Chris has a point.

You cannot be expected to be offered a title shot when you have a long history of not making weight.

If you miss weight in a normal bout you give your opponent a few quid.

If you miss weight in a title it is called off.

So let me ask you this. If you were the promoter would you risk losing a main event title fight on someone with a proven tack reacord of missing weight?

You were a business man who ran a night club right? If 1 of your barmaids was ALWAYS late for work. Would you trust her for a special bar job where the main criteria was to turn up on time? Of course you wouldn't.

This is in no way personal. I run a business and from a purely business perspective you represent a risk. Now if you can make weight a couple of times in a row thenhat will all be forgotten about and I'm sure you will get a title shot. You skill level is not in question. Your skills deserve a shot but with the underlying risk you are not a safe bet to hinge a main event on.
    Firstly I wouldn't call me a business man who had a nightclub there was no business involved I partied in the fucking place for months and months I can't even remember 6 months of my life I had that good of a time I did however flog it for a big profit but again no business mind involved and I spent it all on a woman........true story

Depends which way you look at it from a business point of view.

When my name is mentioned on this forum it gets way more hits than any other fighter including those in the ufc (that's not something i am saying in a big headed way it's a fact I got told)

My last fight got 10000 more hits than any other fight on the cage warriors card

I have one of the best gyms in the world tweeting about how I should be in the ufc

My heel hook was seen all over the world and there's a lot of hype around me right now

And one thing no one will say is whether you love me or hate me you will watch me when I fight for that title you will follow everything and there will be a massive amount of hype behind it

And you know more than anything my performances in the cage have earned it I have the first and second fastest submissions on the show and that's some achievement if you look at how long cage warriors has been going and the great fighters that have fought on it

I would be happy to fight first on a show out here quickly and make the weight it was my first proper time at the weight and I missed it by 0.2 and I knew no one could really moan at that and I didn't mind giving a couple of quid away but don't be thinking I would ever give up on a chance of that belt it's 2 completly different things 150 quid won't change my life that belt will
    Last edited by enty; 27-02-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Do you have to weigh dead on the 145 for the cage warriors belt like you do in the UFC or are you allowed the pound allowance
    3-5-1

Entys worth at least giving the chance, he's saleable as a heel and brings excitement. If he was given the chance and fucked up with the weight again then at least that would be his bridge burnt. Liam James with his record is a hard sell.
    Fuck no-gi

I'd make it a 64 man, one night tournament.

That's probably why I'm not a matchmaker in any MMA promotion..... haha
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!