Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip billy robinson

Default Rip billy robinson

Very very sad news about an absolute legend and encyclopedia of British grappling
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Ryan White
    Pro Fighter

He was a true legend..
    the bullshit stops when the cage door locks!!! @prosystemsmma

Sleep well big man!

saw this on twitter a bit ago. RIP Billy.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqq_LWudBek rip true catch master remember watching this video and being in awe

Wow wasn't aware he'd passed away. RIP Bill!

Excellent guy, I trained with Trevor Roberts who was out of the old Snake Pit gym and Bill was one of his heroes.

Used to be a big prowrestling fan, amazing the amount of top stars from years ago who used to talk up his legit skills.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

RIP, sorry to hear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    Used to be a big prowrestling fan, amazing the amount of top stars from years ago who used to talk up his legit skills.
    well, my god, how true is that? check this old school footage. I'm gobsmacked. back suplex backbreaker? you ever seen one of those before? looked unfakeably painful lolz. he taught the undertaker the tombstone, obviously. that running elbow looked sore as well.

I'm amazed by his pro wrestling alone.

request: anyone who knows his catch well and has a good vid - please post
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Trained Ric Flair to be a pro wrestler.

Played a role in teaching Sak catch.

A true, and sadly underrated within the UK, MMA icon

After me saying about how everyone loved Billy Robinson it appears I need this correction. Whilst I recall Dynamite Kid talking him up in his book, I was rereading Flair's bio & came across this quote from Ken Patera about Billy.

Robinson was a prick, that's why he had trouble in different places where he wrestled. Sailor White punched him out in Montreal, then pissed into his wounds. The Rock's grandfather, Peter Mavia, nearly dug out his eye in another fight. Verne & Robinson were close, but outside the AWA, nobody wanted to work with Billy. They were afraid he'd fuck them up with cheap shots. And chances were that he would.

It appears not everyone loved him!