Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC channel 5 review thread.

Default UFC channel 5 review thread.

Ok would be easy for me to sit here and pick holes in the show but looking at it from a newbie point of view I think they did very well. For me the only thing I missed was Rogan. But the guys calling the fight did very very well I am just afraid I am that used to Rogan as its all iv known it will become a little difficult to make do without.

I like what they are doing and I see it does a lot of good and opens a lot of doors for uk mma officials etc but I do like the American version a lot better and if they drop Rogan from the shows shown in UK I might just stick with Cage warriors and only watch UFC fights I care about. But all in all a decent show
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

OK was watching True Detective - what did I miss?
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

I thought the commentators called the fights well; however the presenter that spoke with Forest Griffin between the fight was absolutely clueless - I would have like to have seen somebody like Dave O' Donnell present the show.

Would you really not watch a show because Rogan wasn't commentating? I thought Hardy did just as good a job.

Watched on BT so can't comment on 5 coverage, was pretty impressed with BTs coverage though. Much better than the American broadcasts of Fight Nights which are usually filled with 10 adverts an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    Would you really not watch a show because Rogan wasn't commentating? I thought Hardy did just as good a job.

Watched on BT so can't comment on 5 coverage, was pretty impressed with BTs coverage though. Much better than the American broadcasts of Fight Nights which are usually filled with 10 adverts an hour.
    Well yes Rogan is a big part of the show for me. But yea Dan did good and so did the other chap its just there is a kind of Bond between Rogan and his fans like we all share a common belief etc.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 09-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    I thought the commentators called the fights well; however the presenter that spoke with Forest Griffin between the fight was absolutely clueless - I would have like to have seen somebody like Dave O' Donnell present the show.
    Are you mental? ! Can you imagine the audience reaction to his 'personality'?

He is really enthusiastic, knowledgeable - everything the presenter wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Ok would be easy for me to sit here and pick holes in the show but looking at it from a newbie point of view I think they did very well. For me the only thing I missed was Rogan. But the guys calling the fight did very very well I am just afraid I am that used to Rogan as its all iv known it will become a little difficult to make do without.

I like what they are doing and I see it does a lot of good and opens a lot of doors for uk mma officials etc but I do like the American version a lot better and if they drop Rogan from the shows shown in UK I might just stick with Cage warriors and only watch UFC fights I care about. But all in all a decent show
    LOL. so you'll stop watching the ufc because there's no joe rogan but you'll watch cagewarriors instead. when did rogan sign for CW?

So your only gripe overall was that there wasn't a commentator you were used to?

Hardy did a great job.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Well yes Rogan is a big part of the show for me. But yea Dan did good and so did the other chap its just there is a kind of Bond between Rogan and his fans like we all share a common belief etc.
    you are aware that rogan hasn't commentated on most fight nights, or events outside of main events, for quite a while now?
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    He is really enthusiastic, knowledgeable - everything the presenter wasn't.
    Go find the Youtube clip of him on Richard & Judy with a topless Alex Reid and Jeremy Bailey. I think he showed real knowledge and enthusiasm when he asked the show's doctor to strangle him...