Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What next for the UFC London Brits?

Thanks Jimmy, take this one in the kisser!

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...mccall-tuf.htm

YourMMA.tv: Would you be interested if they were to reschedule the [McCall] fight?

Brad Pickett: 100%. Obviously I would like to have a title shot against Demetrious Johnson and if they offered me that I would never turn that down, but I can’t really train for one after this weekend. I don’t think I performed too great and also it wasn’t a top ranked opponent. There’s also a lot more people in my division deserving of a shot.

Now I need to rack up more wins. For me McCall would be perfect. I liked the matchup before, I’d like to rekindle that and we’ve got some unfinished business. I don’t know how injured he is or how long he’ll be out, because I want to keep myself active and keep that momentum going. I want to fight as early as maybe Berlin in May, or July maybe in Ireland.
    Last edited by Jay; 13-03-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Great series of post event pieces from Yourmma.
    Good stuff!
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

want this title shot for brad so fucking badly. been one of my favourite fighters for a long long time, felt he deserved the shot in the WEC, but the ufc dissolved it before he had the chance. also felt the ufc did him a disjustice the lack of promotion they put into him once they brought the wec fighters across. from day 1 they always hyped mighty mouse, which annoyed me as it was only less than a year previous pickett had beaten him quite comprehensively, for brad it seemed like it was back to square one and all his wec hardwork had kind of been undone.
    he deserves this shot. johnson has improved a lot, but brads a f*cking don!
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

i dont think pickett should get the shot, too many guys in the rankings that would beat him, i think to get it he would have had to have beat seery comfortably given seery was making his debut

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i dont think pickett should get the shot, too many guys in the rankings that would beat him, i think to get it he would have had to have beat seery comfortably given seery was making his debut
    He won all 3 rounds, I thought it was fairly comfortably to be honest.

Brad was just a bit wild and sloppy. Take nothing away from Neil he came to fight.