Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: herbalife products

Hybrid View

Default herbalife products

Hi

apologies for posting here...

but I am sure there was a very interesting thread about herbalife on here.

Have used the search engine - can't find the thread.

not trying to be a pain - long story - if it's been deleted no worries.

links?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiesbuk View Post
    Hi

apologies for posting here...

but I am sure there was a very interesting thread about herbalife on here.

Have used the search engine - can't find the thread.

not trying to be a pain - long story - if it's been deleted no worries.

links?

Thanks in advance.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Ask Smiler...
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

I wrote quite extensively about this when it was first launched.
    It is essentially a network marketing scam in which they over charge people for run of the mill supplements.

Anybody can make their own brand supplements and "Claims" through one of these companies :

http://www.nutricaplabs.com/contract...FU_KtAodEGUAcg

They will put in it whatever you want so you can have "Mikisbuk Protein Shake" put caffeine in it and tell everybody that if they drink two of these a day instead of their normal meals , work out then have salad in the evening they will lose weight, and its perfectly legit just the same as everybody else's just a different label and same old common sense.

Its all nonsense, have you seen the size of the weight loss bars? if I had a snickers the size of a ferret penis im sure it too would have less than 100 calories.

Same goes for skin cream and all the other stuff they have just basic formulas different labels and idiots go for it.

The difference with Herbalife is their mechanism for selling the products which is network marketing which is basically the legal version of pyramid selling.

If their products were any good or better than anything else out there they would be on shelves in shops or distributed by supplement websites ect.. not by person to person via hard sell and commission. That is how arseholes sell shit to idiots.

In the US there are a number of these turdlike brands floating about "Arbonne" is another I came across during my investigations.

Bean on the scene and on the money! This in particular made me laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Its all nonsense, have you seen the size of the weight loss bars? if I had a snickers the size of a ferret penis im sure it too would have less than 100 calories.

Have had a couple of friends who tried Herbalife. They've both turned into rather tedious marketing robots and I think it's only a matter of time until they get the logo tattooed on their faces.

I'm sure Herbashite has done some good for certain people.

There is one guy on my FB since starting Herbashite has lost over 6 stone.

BUT. If he had just started going to the gym and eating clean food and not spent money on shite he would be richer and just as thin.

If the stratagey of a heraLIFE improves an individual then it is not to be mocked but it is like a reinvention of the wheel.

Diet and exercise make you thin but if having a herbashite badge on makes you go to the gym then so be it.

Just not for me.

I prefer the beer and pies diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I prefer the beer and pies diet.

And Marble Slab right?
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post

And Marble Slab right?
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Ice cream slab thingy FTW!!!!

Hi thanks for the replies...

The reason i posted was that someone I know who is female and has tried every "diet" out there.. -
    she also doesn't want to exercise - don't go there - i know f.f.s.

Someone (if my memory again serves me right !) made a very valid point some of the "herbalife" products if you "like them" can be bought elsewhere cheaper - different brand but same/similar ingredients etc. - I can't remember the post and was merely trying to find it.

I tried to make the point to her that I have a wide choice of protein manufacturers etc. that I can buy protein from.. BUT I always tend to stick to 1 known brand that is tried and tested and costs a reasonable amount of money.

There is also 1 particular diet which I won't "big up" that I did actually see someone loose a serious amount of weight - drastic amount probably 6 stone in 6 months maybe more - I don't want to name that diet but let's just say you buy the meals - I don't want moderators on here thinking I am either "bigging up" one brand and "knocking" another brand..

That a side I was trying to help my female friend - even though she can't be arsed to workout - I did rationalize with her that ok let's say product "x" works and you lose "y" amount of weight..

Cool you've lost the weight then what???

.. What are you going to do stay on that product forever - NO !

I then said she would have to at least do something (lifestyle/diet change) to keep the weight off if she returned to her normal eating patterns.

From what I hear from bodybuilders - 60% of the way the look is their diet - not talking about anything else - just that simple fact of 60% of the way they look is down to diet - in a nutshell - you are what you eat - obviously different people have different metabolisms etc. etc.

I am not a nutritionist nor claim to know everything inside but strongly agree with what Sledge said - and thanks Baked bean for the link

I also believe in the placebo effect too - the mind is powerful .

And another point surely all "well produced supplements" should be pharmaceutical grade -

Pharmaceutical grade is a standard suitable for use as a medicine. Pharmaceutical grade means that the product has been made under good manufacturing Practice conditions and is safe, pure and effective. The product must be in excess of ninety-nine percent purity with no binders, fillers, dyes or unknown substances.

And yes I know if she can't be arsed to exercise then she doesn't really deserve any help... !
    Last edited by mikiesbuk; 20-03-2014 at 10:12 PM.