Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guillard and Menjivar released from the UFC

Default Guillard and Menjivar released from the UFC

Guillard and Menjivar have both been released from the UFC this week.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...-released-ufc/

Guillard had won just 2 of his last 8 fights whereas Menjivar was 1-4 in his last 5.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Pretty gutted about both of these but it's not surprising with their recent records. I'm really suprised with Melvin's recent record, a real shame as he's an exciting fighter win or lose, other than his last fight where he was dreadful. The UFC may have wanted to keep him but he's shot himself in the foot with his last performance, he seemed to scared to pull the trigger

Given that the guys have been in the UFC for a while the UFC probably pay a fair bit for their services and if they are never really going to be contenders then it makes them quite disposable. They wont sell PPV's and most won't go to see them especially.

With the massive expansion of the UFC they need to recruit some more future stars and exciting prospects. Prospects are cheap and can be built if the UFC want to drive Marketing to that fighter. You need to be winning and to be winning in style to stay or be lucky enough to be marketable to your country.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

not too surprised about ivan, but Melvin?

surely, it's a one-win-and-return type deal.

maybe he'll tie himself up with bellator. he could do iron man numbers for them.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Melvin has never lived up to the potential or hype. He's no longer a young assassin, he's not even really an assassin to be honest. I think the ufc is right to offload some dead wood.
    Fuck no-gi

lot of people seem to be upset about the Guillard axing, but I have no problems with it what so ever.

2 wins in his last 8 fights.

12-9-0-1 all time in the UFC.

Obvious he is never going to be a contender or anything like that. No problems what so ever with him getting cut.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

This may be a pipe dream because of $$$$$ and Melvin's ego but I would like to see him smash a few 155lbers on CWFC then make a return to the UFC. I'm pretty sure they could afford to pay him a 'decent' purse for a few fights, he would be active plus he would get good exposure and fight accross the globe.

.....but yeah, his ego will probably take him to Bellator.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Bellator has already said that Melvin's camp reached out to them and they turned him down.

According to Guillard there's quite a few promotions after him.

SOunds a little off in his valuation of himself like.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

I've never liked Guillard since his camp tried to pull some bullshit on me in terms of his fight finger record.

The story on his Ryan Stout loss changed from an amateur bout to a submission wrestling match to a pankration match.