Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Struggling to get matched. Can anyone help?

Default Struggling to get matched. Can anyone help?

So to say I fought so often over the past 2 years and could get fights most weekends, I am now struggling to get matched!

For the first time in my MMA career (if you can call it that) I have been training hard in all areas, putting the time in and making an attempt to have a proper go at this. However not getting matched is mentally frustrating. As a journeyman I never had this problem. Why now am I finding hard to find a fight?

Have i fought everyone? Lol or is there bad stigma attached to what I have done in the past? Has taking any fight at any weight unprepared given me a bad rep and made it harder for people to see me as a credible opponent?

Is it now too late for me to give this a real shot?

What's peoples thoughts?
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    So to say I fought so often over the past 2 years and could get fights most weekends, I am now struggling to get matched!

For the first time in my MMA career (if you can call it that) I have been training hard in all areas, putting the time in and making an attempt to have a proper go at this. However not getting matched is mentally frustrating. As a journeyman I never had this problem. Why now am I finding hard to find a fight?

Have i fought everyone? Lol or is there bad stigma attached to what I have done in the past? Has taking any fight at any weight unprepared given me a bad rep and made it harder for people to see me as a credible opponent?

What's peoples thoughts?
    In all honesty mate I think unless you know someone personally who's matching a show then it's hard to get a decent match unless you're taking it against a top guy at short notice. Unfortunately unless you're signed to a promotion and you want to fight regularly then you've got to do what you've been doing. Just my opinion
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

What's peoples thoughts?
    Are you working with a team where the coach deals with promotions for other fighters, and therefore is in conversation with matchmakers? That would no doubt make it easier.

Realistically people wanted to pay you to lose - now you want to have a go I'm sure you're less appealing to those people anymore.

There is a saying, 'when the journeyman starts winning the phone stops ringing'.
    Unfortunately.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    There is a saying, 'when the journeyman starts winning the phone stops ringing'.
    Unfortunately.
    There's also a saying "When Persil starts pushing, it's probably the concussion."
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    There's also a saying "When Persil starts pushing, it's probably the concussion."
    BOOM. Comedy gold right there for you people.

What's peoples thoughts?
    when was your last fight, think it says July on sherdog

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    BOOM. Comedy gold right there for you people.
    A friend of mine once entered a marathon, Sledge.
    Got rushed to A & E with peanuts stuck under his foreskin.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    when was your last fight, think it says July on sherdog
    Not sure, think it was a bit later than that. Quite a few of my fights don't appear to be on Sherdog
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

I mean this in the nicest way possible Dan, I think it's a good sign that you're not getting matched as easy as you are used too. That to me is a sign of the sport progressing in the right direction, again, no offense.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.