Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Struggling to get matched. Can anyone help?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

gi-boy is trolly mctroll, who fuckin knows where he gets the energy.

that said, saving numerous shows, and taking on massive opponents (say for example, John fucking Phillips) is not disrespectful to the sport. he's not quite in lee cage/bob sapp territory.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Any opinion or criticism gets expressed and you're immediately a "troll". Why even have a forum if there's no room for different opinions and debate?
    Fuck no-gi

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

*leans forward*

I've been watching you

[/cold]
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPerry View Post
    I mean this in the nicest way possible Dan, I think it's a good sign that you're not getting matched as easy as you are used too. That to me is a sign of the sport progressing in the right direction, again, no offense.
    Can I point out the problem isn't with promoters bot wanting me on their show anymore. It's finding an opponent

No offence taken though ;0)
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    gi-boy is trolly mctroll, who fuckin knows where he gets the energy.

that said, saving numerous shows, and taking on massive opponents (say for example, John fucking Phillips) is not disrespectful to the sport. he's not quite in lee cage/bob sapp territory.
    Bob Sapp has competed at the highest level in this sport win or lose the Guy should not be mocked on a thread like this. Comparing him to Lee cage a bit over dramatic don't you think.

Good luck Dan hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 02-04-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I am not throwing insults or being disrespectful in any way. But I think the reason you are having trouble being matched is because you have spoilt your reputation by being a "journeyman" and taking fights on short notice.

If I was you I would train my ass off and take a fight when offered! i.e. always be ready!

Could it be that people were happier to fight you previously when everyone knew getting you to the ground gave them a reasonable chance of a win (if they could avoid your stand up they maybe felt they had a good chance - no disrespect intended) and now that you are training all aspects properly that edge may be gone which makes you a bit more of a risky match up?