Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maccarinelli gets stopped :'o(

Hybrid View

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Maccarinelli gets stopped :'o(

gutted for him

Enzo Maccarinelli suffered the seventh defeat of his career as he lost to WBA light-heavyweight champion Jurgen Brahmer in Rostock, Germany.

The Welshman's trainer, Gary Lockett, pulled his fighter out after the end of the fifth round with the 33-year-old's right eye completely closed.

A clash of heads in the first round caused the problem, with German Brahmer, 35, also suffering a cut eye.

But southpaw Brahmer increased the damage with his accurate left hand.

Former cruiserweight world champion Maccarinelli had hoped his height and reach advantage would prove the difference against Brahmer, who has lost just two of his 45 contests.

But while Maccarinelli was badly hampered by the damage inflicted to his right eye midway through the first round, Brahmer was hugely impressive as he took control from the second round onwards....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/26888535
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Hmmm, wonder how much that affected the outcome?

Enzo has gone from Contender to Gatekeeper and is in danger of hitting Can status these days sadly, the fuck happened to him
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

he's taken some heavy punishment across his career, surprised there aren't more KO losses on his resume to be fair

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9195&cat=boxer
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

David Haye

Haha yeah Haye was the beginning of the end, weird though, I do wonder what went on behind the scenes as his drop off has been huge..

Maybe its time he learnt how to sprawl and moved over to the real combat sport!

he's already good at jiu-jitsu apparently.

He's a white belt. Not sure how much he trains, never used to do much and I only trained with him about 7 years ago. Had awesome cardio & power.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

oh right, I thought he had a belt of some colour and had fought in tournaments

Seen he is angling for a rematch, I havent' seen the fight but if the damage was through a headbutt then fair enough I suppose, can't judge what happened in that fight really as it happened early on from what I read, but .....he would have to do something impressive to turn my fear that he is done around..

credit: guardian

Enzo-Maccarinelli-011.jpg