Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wow Mike Bisping

It's over brother.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

I've never been a big Michael Bisping fan but I would be the first to acknowledge that his fighting skills are well above average. However, every time he comes up against a real contender he loses.

In the build up to this fight he said something which I thought implied that if he (Bisping) won (actually I think he said "when") that would put paid to Kennedy's hope for a title shot. If that was a correct assumption (whether on Bisping's part or mine); where does that leave Michael Bisping?
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    I've never been a big Michael Bisping fan but I would be the first to acknowledge that his fighting skills are well above average. However, every time he comes up against a real contender he loses.

In the build up to this fight he said something which I thought implied that if he (Bisping) won (actually I think he said "when") that would put paid to Kennedy's hope for a title shot. If that was a correct assumption (whether on Bisping's part or mine); where does that leave Michael Bisping?
    At the worst he will be a gate keeper
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

That's not a good thing though because Mike and his carpet carrying style still wants the title.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Bispings biggest problem has always been his lack of KO power, top tier fighters are happy to walk through his shots knowing it will allow them to deliver theirs without much worry, mid tier fighters he can use his footwork to pick off, sadly his ceiling has always been determined by that lack of power when coming up against more skilled opponents.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Was hard to watch tbh. he just didn't look himself for whatever reason, shame tho
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I see this as a James Goyder-level lack of judgement from GAD

Should Michael Bisping consider retirement after Tim Kennedy defeat?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...dy-defeat.html
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

He's been a great representative for UK MMA, especially at a time when it was looked down upon when compared with other counties & really opened the door for a lot of other UK MMA fighters to get their chance in the Octagon.

Always felt he's looked good against those he should beat, but struggled & often lost when put in with the top guys in the division.

No shame in that, still had a great career & unfortunately not everyone gets to be champion. Still won TUF & mainevented several shows and think he still has saome good fights available to him, sadly i think talk of a title shot has to be forgotten about.

I can't understand why anyone who has had a detached retina would want to continue competing in any sport where there is a good probabiility that you will be hit very hard near your eye
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    I can't understand why anyone who has had a detached retina would want to continue competing in any sport where there is a good probabiility that you will be hit very hard near your eye
    I was wondering that, it would make me very cautious about doing anything that could damage it again, I wouldn't fancy being half blind for the rest of my life.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling