Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wow Mike Bisping

Yeah mike was poor last night. I had a feeling he was gonna get ko'd so not surprised but a pretty comfortable victory for Tim in the end. Far too hesitant, possibly partly because of ring rust, mostly because of the takedown threat. I'ts difficult to see how he makes any improvement at his age. He showed last night that he is still very durable but he's not going to keep his speed in the next few years. The top 5 guys are in the division are on another level now, though on his day he can still beat many of the guys from 5-10. I think he may retire if he losses his next fight. He wants a title shot and he's missed the boat, his last chance was the sonnen fight when the division was still pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Bisping got absolutely crushed.

Once again loses to a top 10 fighter or a 'stepping stone' as he put it.
    his losses up until yesterday weren't to just top 10 guys, they were all to legends and elite fighters .
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Would love to see a rematch in 3 to 6 months time. Bisping has had a long lay off and lets not forget the huge psychological disadvantage he must of been at having it been his first fight since the op. In all honesty the fight kinda sucked but we have had lots of good entertainment from Mike over the years so cant complain.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I can't think why Kennedy would agree to a rematch. Kernnedy should be on his way to title contention and Bisping will now be slipping ddown the hierarchy. He's had a good innings and he's come close but I think we'll have to look to new blood for a British UFC title holder now.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

When it hit the floor Kennedy was on a different level to Bisping

Bisping needs to spend some time in a gi
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    Bisping needs to spend some time in a gi
    Gi boy says yes. It didn't look like the bisping of old, he was being taken down far too easily considering he normally has a lot better TD. Whether it was the layoff and injury or whether he's on the downslope should be more apparent in his next fights.
    Fuck no-gi

I can see them heavily marketing Brad Pickett over the next 12 months and some of the other guys. Bisping, for me, has ran his course. Lets remember what they do to guys who start slipping and are on the big money. It wouldnt surprise me if his next ones a snoozefest then they cut him.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    When it hit the floor Kennedy was on a different level to Bisping
    Is Kennedy a better wrestler than chael of rashad? Both struggled to get mike down and keep him there, Tim didn't! Is he past his peak, or did the layoff affect him? Bisping is very well rounded and that's his strength, footwork and speed are his 2 best attributes imo. If he has lost some reaction speed he won't be able to hang with the top guys anymore. We'll see in his next fight, there can't be any potential excuses

It looked like he was lacking in fight fitness lets give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. But his next fight will be make or break.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000