Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan Says Ronda Rousey Would Beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA Fight

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    Not sure what the Cain reference is about???

But a boxer out of his element would be lost in an MMA fight. Have people not learned anything since the early days of MMA?

Regardless of how good Mayweather is (and for the record I think he's great) he'd have no answer once he's on his back. I'm not saying Rousey is unbeatable, but she certainly has the skills to take down a boxer & beat him in an MMA fight.
    Yea sure She does She would destroy 90% of boxers around her weight class and Im not saying Boxers can walk in a cage and beat fully trained mixed martial artists what Im saying is if he had enough time to prepare he could do it. Fuck Lesnar became champ and he was in the WWE. He had no stand up so why cant it work the other way round.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

something tells me Mayweather would have no problems fighting a women if the price was right.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    All floyd would have to do is bring in some top level wrestlers, have them drill with him solid for 12 months, up against the cage avoiding the clinch and ronda is getting knocked out, a female with very limited boxing skill against possibly the greatest technical boxer of all time, he get one combo off in mma gloves and she'll be out like a light. As for her competition, firstly they are women, no offence to ladies out there but there is a big difference between male and female fighters, the movement, the power etc, secondly there are plenty of mma fighters out there with years of experience who can't wrestle for shit.
    Conversely; Ronda doesnt need to have any fear of the takedown, so she just needs to cover up, and wade in. Unless Flloyd can KO her while covered up before she can put a hand on him, she taps him in <5min.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

If She does any of this She will get caught remember this is not a MMA vs Boxing Argument its a Rhonda vs Floyd.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 29-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.

I just can't understand the logic of how anyone can learn to sprawl in 12 weeks yet we see people get taken down in MMA all the time...Do you think they only did 11 weeks of the course or something?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I just can't understand the logic of how anyone can learn to sprawl in 12 weeks yet we see people get taken down in MMA all the time...Do you think they only did 11 weeks of the course or something?
    We all learn at different speeds.

And that proves what? So every MMA fighter out there who gets taken down is thick as fuck because they haven't learnt to sprawl like Mayweather could in only 12 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    And that proves what? So every MMA fighter out there who gets taken down is thick as fuck because they haven't learnt to sprawl like Mayweather could in only 12 weeks?
    Arguing with you is like trying to swim with no arms and legs I bow out gracefully.

I think you mean bob out if you have no arms and legs whilst swimming.

At least you now admit your error. Cool.

Mayweather is a freak athlete and one of the greatest boxers of all time. But as great a boxer as he is, he's also 37 year old man with NO grappling experience whatsoever. Stick him in a cage with an Olympian judoka and, there's a very high probability that he's fucked.

To expect him to catch up enough in 12 weeks to be able to stop an Olympic medalist judoka from taking him down is mental talk. It's as mental as expecting Ronda to be able to be even remotely competitive with Floyd in a boxing match after 12 weeks. It's not happening.

That video of Ronda sparring Darchinyan means nothing because that's straight boxing sparring. Ronda obviously wasn't trying to take Darchinyan down. She wouldn't be doing that shit in the video in an MMA fight with Mayweather. She'd be looking to launch him on his head at the first opportunity and armbar him.

Remember, Floyd isn't a big bloke. If people were saying Ronda would throw Klitschko about and tap him, I'd agree that's ridiculous. But we're talking about a man who is of similar size to Ronda, who also has NO grappling.

Now in a boxing match, of course Ronda has absolutely NOTHING for Floyd. Zero chance. But that wasn't the statement. It was 'could Ronda beat Floyd in MMA'. For me, Floyd would have about a 5-10 second window to land something big. It could happen but it's the very definition of the phrase 'punchers chance'. If he didn't land that deathblow in the opening seconds, most likely he'd be thrown on his arse and then he's on his back where his perfect and flawless boxing skills mean fuck all. If Ronda got him down, he wouldn't be getting up. There would be no round two.

It really is as simple as;

Boxing - Floyd by whatever he wants
    MMA - Ronda by submission