Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan Says Ronda Rousey Would Beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA Fight

That was a longer post than I planned, soz

Quote Originally Posted by wandshogun09 View Post
    Mayweather is a freak athlete and one of the greatest boxers of all time. But as great a boxer as he is, he's also 37 year old man with NO grappling experience whatsoever. Stick him in a cage with an Olympian judoka and, there's a very high probability that he's fucked.

To expect him to catch up enough in 12 weeks to be able to stop an Olympic medalist judoka from taking him down is mental talk. It's as mental as expecting Ronda to be able to be even remotely competitive with Floyd in a boxing match after 12 weeks. It's not happening.

That video of Ronda sparring Darchinyan means nothing because that's straight boxing sparring. Ronda obviously wasn't trying to take Darchinyan down. She wouldn't be doing that shit in the video in an MMA fight with Mayweather. She'd be looking to launch him on his head at the first opportunity and armbar him.

Remember, Floyd isn't a big bloke. If people were saying Ronda would throw Klitschko about and tap him, I'd agree that's ridiculous. But we're talking about a man who is of similar size to Ronda, who also has NO grappling.

Now in a boxing match, of course Ronda has absolutely NOTHING for Floyd. Zero chance. But that wasn't the statement. It was 'could Ronda beat Floyd in MMA'. For me, Floyd would have about a 5-10 second window to land something big. It could happen but it's the very definition of the phrase 'punchers chance'. If he didn't land that deathblow in the opening seconds, most likely he'd be thrown on his arse and then he's on his back where his perfect and flawless boxing skills mean fuck all. If Ronda got him down, he wouldn't be getting up. There would be no round two.

It really is as simple as;

Boxing - Floyd by whatever he wants
    MMA - Ronda by submission
    Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I see it now thank you.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Still don't understand how this thread is still going.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

So Babycakes, everything I have been saying for 4 pages and its finally sunk in....well done.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    So Babycakes, everything I have been saying for 4 pages and its finally sunk in....well done.
    He said it way better then you. All you cared about was trying to win the argument while trying to belittle me. He on the other hand calmly explained it without Ego and judgement which is why he got my attention. Hope that clears things up.

Ah dude, your trolling and arse licking is getting boring, hope that clears that up for you
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Ah dude, your trolling and arse licking is getting boring, hope that clears that up for you
    Who am I arse licking? Keep up the fighter bashing retard.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 03-05-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Who am I arse licking?.
    Pretty much anyone who has ever owned a pair of 4oz gloves, judging by the posts i've read.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    Pretty much anyone who has ever owned a pair of 4oz gloves, judging by the posts i've read.
    Thats funny can only remember complementing 4 or 5 fighters guess you are jealous and feel left out. Put more work in train hard and one day I might ass lick you anything is possible.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 04-05-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Thats funny can only remember complementing 4 or 5 fighters guess you are jealous and feel left out. Put more work in train hard and one day I might ass lick you anything is possible.
    Complimenting? Dude you are publicly rimming Enty on that other thread.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson