Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that don't surprise you in UKMMA?

Man, if you think things are bad now, take a look at some of the archives on this forum of pre 2007.....
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    In short. No. Nothing surprises me anymore.
    Another bad example i saw was a few month ago where a last minute stand in got TKO'd in the second fight of the night but was allowed to fight later on in the night in a K-1 bout against Wayne Murrie!
    Last edited by Nathan_Court; 22-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    fuck in hell, still amazed by that. are these fellas getting KO'd every time?
    tapping to strikes or getting subbed mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    In short. No. Nothing surprises me anymore.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    Thing is that actually sounds evenly matched which is a step up from many....

I just hate seeing the young lads wheeled out to lose on the northern shows. I'm sure it happens down south as well but at the moment 90 percent of shows I attend in the North have got young lads from Manchester in to lose at some point on the card. Most these guys have little or no skill on the ground. One lad turned up to an mma show with a completely shut eye (he jobbed at a boxing show a few hours earlier).
    And this... wrote about it t'other day. They want to be there for the money so it's not as if it's against their will, but it's a poor do.

http://www.yourmma.tv/blog/canned-hu...ma-journeymen/

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    tapping to strikes
    Nicky kent is fighting again in 2 weeks, reckon this will be the outcome!!

The thing I've found with local shows is the promoters seem to think that for it to be a good show there needs to be 2-3 title fights. considering most of the people attending/buying tickets are fighters friends it doesn't rally matter if its for a belt as the people would probably come anyway.
    Because of this need for title fights they are offering them to people who probably shouldn't be fighting for them. I've seen a guy with a losing record who fought and lost on the show at MW and LHW then get offered a HW title fight even though he had a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycenter View Post
    The thing I've found with local shows is the promoters seem to think that for it to be a good show there needs to be 2-3 title fights. considering most of the people attending/buying tickets are fighters friends it doesn't rally matter if its for a belt as the people would probably come anyway.
    Because of this need for title fights they are offering them to people who probably shouldn't be fighting for them. I've seen a guy with a losing record who fought and lost on the show at MW and LHW then get offered a HW title fight even though he had a losing record.
    Titles only mean as much as the promotions that they represent.

You're right about it being friends of friends to sell tickets. That's 99% of the crowd at most local shows.There's no doubt that Terry Stezzhead is probably going to push more tickets out if you tell him he's fighting for a world championship but how often do any of these belts get defended half the time?
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Things I dislike:

Fighters going back to Amateur when it suits promoter or them

A mixture of cage boxing, k1, mma A,B,C rules and general disrespect for any specific ruleset or constant Catchweights for no reason

Fighters that pull out with no apparent reason or forget to tell the promoters
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Do you even need a licence to promote a show?
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

a gym i know that has there own event and has match ups that favorite their fighters