Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where will the UK H.W scene "emerge" from?

Cheers for the info guys!

How many natural heavyweights do we have?
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

There is the talent out there but the fights don't happen. Ucmma seem to want novelty and cage warriors aren't interested in the big guys. Prime example Darren Towler when M4TC champ fought Brad Conway when loads of credible challengers were out there

There's Neil Wain, Stav, Andy Speirs, De Fries, Mulherron, James Thompson, Martin Thompson, Adam Parkes, Oli Thompson and plenty of the others that would make for entertaining fights to be made but who wants to make the matches? I'm surprised BAMMA haven't gone down that route

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Cobblepot View Post
    cage warriors aren't interested in the big guys.
    Is this due too lack of depth?

There is the talent out there but the fights don't happen. Ucmma seem to want novelty and cage warriors aren't interested in the big guys. Prime example Darren Towler when M4TC champ fought Brad Conway when loads of credible challengers were out there

There's Neil Wain, Stav, Andy Speirs, De Fries, Mulherron, James Thompson, Martin Thompson, Adam Parkes, Oli Thompson and plenty of the others that would make for entertaining fights to be made but who wants to make the matches? I'm surprised BAMMA haven't gone down that route
    The thing is with the big boys is that they can get paid very well by taking fights in Europe or Russia plus it would be very tough to create a division in any 1 organisation. TBF I think M4TC have had some good HW scraps on bar the Towler v Conway fight, id be surprised if that was the original fight though
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Can anybody answer the question on natural heavyweights? Sure Mark hunt is under 6 ft but he is a established star and has a cult following. Id just like to ask do you think anybody under 6 feet tall has a genuine chance at making a decent record in the Ultimate fighting championship. Bear in mind there are only 3 on the roster and one is a Olympic Gold medallist and the other is Barry and the already mentioned Hunt. Ill be very interested to get opinions.

If I am been clueless then please correct me but I dont understand why anybody under 6 feet would fight at heavyweight when they are put at such a disadvantage when facing the much Taller/Reach competition at world level. So unless you can bob and weave like Tyson I dont get it.

Even 6 feet is small look at this chart hopefully it backs up my claim and shoots down any trolls.

http://mmafightdb.com/fighting-facts...ight-division/
    Last edited by Babycakes; 23-04-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Barry isnt on the roster anymore. was released end of january
    I currently compete at HW and am just under 6ft. height disadvantage is the main reason i am trying to get to a lower weight class. there are some monsters about, even at my level

Quote Originally Posted by crazycenter View Post
    Barry isnt on the roster anymore. was released end of january
    I currently compete at HW and am just under 6ft. height disadvantage is the main reason i am trying to get to a lower weight class. there are some monsters about, even at my level
    Thank you for the reply. Yea I was just interested as to why a few more dont just cut to light heavy as I know its good been highly ranked at heavy but as soon as you get the call as you said a few will be at a huge disadvantage against a 6.4 wrestler who can use his jab.

I have massive respect for you all but just wanted to get some input on it. Thanks again.

If i remember rightly Conway was a late replacement. I'm sure that was the time Towler was supposed to fight Jeff Monson but at the weigh ins Monson was having passport troubles or something.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency