Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had the most amazing conversation last night.....

Default I had the most amazing conversation last night.....

Guys, this is going to be a fairly long post and I know that we have all experienced something like this and that it is easy to fabricate such things but please, I assure you, this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Let me set the scene: It's 22:15, it's raining, I'm stood on the door of my venue with my colleague in a rather moody town centre. We are having a chat about freestyle wrestling as both myself and my colleague have an interest in the sport, having both trained in MMA for years and both having competition experience. We are having a laugh, talking about how some of the beasts from the Birmingham and Wolverhampton Wrestling Clubs have smashed us in training in the past and over walks THAT guy; Rain soaked eyebrow piercing glistening in the Yates's door sign lighting, smoking a 'rolly'.

STRANGER: ''Fuck that wrestling stuff lads, you wanna do what I do!"

ME: ''What's that then mate?''

STRANGER: ''I work in an Octagon''

ME: *KERCHING!* ''What's that mate?''

STRANGER: ''UFC''

ME: ''What's that mate?''

STRANGER: ''I'm the Worcestershire 68kg or 9stones depends how you like to work it out, UFC champion, 15-2''

ME: ''Is that the cage fighting stuff?!''

STRANGER: ''Yes mate, it's no joke so don't try and be sarcastic''

ME: ''Sorry mate, just intrigued that's all, is there any rules? heard it can be quite rough?''

STRANGER: ''Well, there is a couple, I got deducted 10 points last night because I Nakamura Armbarred someone in the neck because he tried to cage me, they call it caging when we push em against the cage, the ref thought I was being a bit too over the top so yeah, took 10 points off me!''

ME: ''Fucking hell geeza, bet you nearly killed him didn't you?!''

STRANGER: ''Yeah mate, I don't fuck about, lost my first two fights for being too relaxed so now I just go for the kill, you only get 3.5 minutes a round in the UFC so it's not a long time really''.

ME: ''Mate, you look lethal, you ain't gonna cause no trouble in here tonight are ya?!''

STRANGER: ''No mate don't worry, I wouldn't risk my UFC license beating up two doormen, it's not worth it, anyway, the police would have to come mob handed because technically I am using deadly weapons (shows me his fists)''.

ME: ''Thanks mate, I don't fancy getting Nakamura Armbarred in my neck in front of the regulars, you would make me look a right mug!''.

STRANGER: ''Don't worry mate, honestly, we ain't all thugs like you read about, anyway, if you want to train with me one day just get my number when I leave tonight, we could do with someone your size in the gym, we haven't got many high middle welters to train with''.

ME: ''Fuck that mate, what do you take me for?! A psychopath?!''.

STRANGER: ''Mate, honestly, stop worrying, I can't risk my career street fighting!''.

Over walks one of our regulars, in his 60s, one of the old faces, only got one ear, the other one got bit off, he has cauliflower fists nevermind ears.

REGULAR: ''Oi dickhead! what you talking bollocks for? I settle my business on the streets, one to one, Queensbury rules, you reckon you could handle that? let's do it now, I could have made some right money out of you in prison princess''.

STRANGER: ''I don't do streetfights'' (crawls up himself and dies whilst me and my buddy cry in laughter, poor bastard).

Amazing, I wish I could have recorded it for proof. I genuinely believed I was being set up by a mate. It was too perfect!
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Cool Story Bro, CCTV from the doors or GTFO you're lying
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phil flynn View Post
    Cool Story Bro, CCTV from the doors or GTFO you're lying
    I dunno Phil lol There is a lad who I sort of know who is a bit like that so they are out there. He dosent call it UFC anymore but he still thinks he would be fine fighting with no fitness a big belly and not knowing one single technique. I took him to a Thai class once I think that opened his eyes. He says stuff like If they tried to take me down I would bite them the lads a prick but I haven't got the bottle to tell him.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 29-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I really want to meet this guy.........Ive been trying to master the Nakamura Armbar for a while now.
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

There's guys like this everywhere, talking to them isn't as funny as it seems, kinda scary when you see mental illness up close.
    Fuck no-gi

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    There's guys like this everywhere, talking to them isn't as funny as it seems, kinda scary when you see mental illness up close.
    While it's possible that some people who say this are somewhat detached from reality, they are not necessarilly mentally ill in the true sense of the term. However, you do have to ask how fragile someone's self image and or level of self esteem is that they feel the need to say such things; and what would help them to live a more fulfilling life so that they don't feel compelled to embarass themselves in such ways
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    While it's possible that some people who say this are somewhat detached from reality, they are not necessarilly mentally in the true sense of the term. However, you do have to ask how fragile someone's self image and or level of self esteem is that they feel the need to say such things; and what would help them to live a more fulfilling life so that they don't feel compelled to embarass themselves in such ways
    In all fairness, I would usually agree with you but this was just a case of someone trying to come accross as macho. It was pure fabricated bollocks from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    This wasn't mental illness. This was alcohol and ego.

Classic and well laid out for the thread. Had something similar several years ago. I was with Fabio Ferrari in Peterborough and some dude overheard us say "UFC". No sooner had this dude heard that then he came over telling me he was best mates with Lee Murray and had trained UFC himself for many years. The dude also had a rolly! I'm starting to wonder if there is one fella who travels various towns trolling us all...
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Oi, I am 15-2!

Plus Iw as drunk, it was only 9 points I got deducted not 10, I got deducted the other 1 point for attempting a flying x-guard heel choke.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.