View Poll Results: how do you feel about the environment?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • i totally don't fucking care lol

1 8.33%
  • there's no reason to get worried

0 0%
  • don't worry about it for a long while

1 8.33%
  • bit concerned but nothing dramatic

0 0%
  • yeah, it's a problem

5 41.67%
  • this is fuckin serious

3 25.00%
  • what a biased poll lololol - boobs

2 16.67%

Thread: how do you feel about the environment? lol?

Hybrid View

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default how do you feel about the environment? lol?

this is worrying stuff. it's not like we are going to get flooded tomorrow (though many people have recently been flooded) but future generations are gonna be proper fucked. if you are a parent and think you might have a load of ancestors, start investing in super-domes which can be built over cities.

you know, the cancer and all from the sun. in a century or two from now, going outside and enjoying the sunshine will be dangerous as shit and totally out of fashion. super-domes bro. on stilts.

The collapse of the Western Antarctica ice sheet is already under way and is unstoppable, two separate teams of scientists said on Monday.

The glaciers' retreat is being driven by climate change and is already causing sea-level rise at a much faster rate than scientists had anticipated.

The loss of the entire western Antarctica ice sheet could eventually cause up to 4 metres (13ft) of sea-level rise, devastating low-lying and coastal areas around the world. But the researchers said that even though such a rise could not be stopped, it is still several centuries off, and potentially up to 1,000 years away
    http://www.theguardian.com/environme...cientists-warn

wow, stuff like this seems short-sighted:

The government has unveiled proposals to limit the subsidies paid to large solar farms from next April.

Owners of installations bigger than 5 megawatts (MW) will have to compete with other renewables for financing.

The Department of Energy & Climate Change (Decc) says it wants to encourage the development of smaller scale and community energy production.

Campaigners have condemned the move, saying it will undermine investor confidence in the renewable sector.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27393805
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 13-05-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

It's very serious. Another reason not to vote for the UKIP morons - their environmental policy is quite simply embarrassing and behind the times.

I don't even know why you would look at the UKIP environmental policy, they are so fucking retarded I feel dirty even typing their name!

Enviroment, shit, we are just the level 2 after the dinosaurs, I will be amazed if the environment fucks us all though before we fuck ourselves...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Couple of centuries off, maybe a thousand years........I smell bullshit!!! Probably tax us for it!!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I wish it were a load of rubbish, scaremongering, but the way the weather is changing so dramatically, I believe this is happening. Britishmen at home will soon be basking in current Spanish-style weather. people will be displaced from areas which are hot at the moment. water will be scarce. crops will fail. food will be in short supply. a new tv show called 'the running man' will take to the airwaves, as will 'climbing for dollars'

there's drama of all sorts ahead folks, here we go.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

reading that I would put my money in Agricultural Commodities, always worth making a buck out of a crisis

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

definitly a problem, but I'm not jumping off a cliff quite yet.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

there seems to be as much data online to deny its caused by humans and not a natural event as there is to support it so im not sure about it all. and with them leaked emails a few years back (supposedly taken out of context) from the orginisation that measures global temps it makes it seem all a bit dodgy.

not sure really.....

Trees have been on the earth for billions of years and human being have cut half of them down. It's a good job they don't produce the oxygen we breathe eh!!!!