View Poll Results: Semtex UFC return - for or against?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it

22 73.33%
  • Against it

4 13.33%
  • Boobies

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of a Paul Daley UFC return, and are you for/against?

Default Chances of a Paul Daley UFC return, and are you for/against?

I know it's been discussed before but sod it. Let's discuss it again.

Daley is 11-4 since his last UFC fight. He's 5-1 in his last 6. His knockout of Romario da Silva was one the most brutal of 2013. Not to mention the Scott Smith KO, among others. His fight with Nick Diaz in Strikeforce, although a loss, was one of the best one round fights in MMA history. He's exciting in the cage, he can talk a fight up. His style is impetuos, his defence is impregnable, he's ferocious and he wants to eat your children.

And now more than ever, the UFC needs talent to support their increase in shows and international expansion. They've got plenty of Facebook prelim level fighters. They need main card, main and co-main eventers. And Daley is someone they can easily headline a UK card with or chuck onto a PPV main card.

Not to mention the potential for some absolutely fantastic fights;

Daley vs Matt Brown, Robbie Lawler, Thiago Alves, Erick Silva, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger. You can't really go wrong with any of them. Could even do Daley vs Diaz 2 if Diaz decides to fight again.

I know smacking Koscheck after the fight was wrong, but it's been four years now, almost to the day. Daley has done nothing like that since and he's apologised. It was wrong I'm not excusing it. But I think it's time the ban was lifted in the name of me wanting to see some great fights

Oh and I know he's with BAMMA at the moment. I'm taking once he's a free agent. How many fights is that deal for?

If Arlovski can get back in off a win over Andreas Kraniotakes and a loss to Rumble before that, why not Semtex? If Barnett can return after multiple drug test failures and his piss ultimately killing Affliction, why not Semtex?

If you've read all that, well done. Semtex UFC return - What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by wandshogun09 View Post
    I know it's been discussed before but sod it. Let's discuss it again.

Daley is 11-4 since his last UFC fight. He's 5-1 in his last 6. His knockout of Romario da Silva was one the most brutal of 2013. Not to mention the Scott Smith KO, among others. His fight with Nick Diaz in Strikeforce, although a loss, was one of the best one round fights in MMA history. He's exciting in the cage, he can talk a fight up. His style is impetuos, his defence is impregnable, he's ferocious and he wants to eat your children.

And now more than ever, the UFC needs talent to support their increase in shows and international expansion. They've got plenty of Facebook prelim level fighters. They need main card, main and co-main eventers. And Daley is someone they can easily headline a UK card with or chuck onto a PPV main card.

Not to mention the potential for some absolutely fantastic fights;

Daley vs Matt Brown, Robbie Lawler, Thiago Alves, Erick Silva, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger. You can't really go wrong with any of them. Could even do Daley vs Diaz 2 if Diaz decides to fight again.

I know smacking Koscheck after the fight was wrong, but it's been four years now, almost to the day. Daley has done nothing like that since and he's apologised. It was wrong I'm not excusing it. But I think it's time the ban was lifted in the name of me wanting to see some great fights

Oh and I know he's with BAMMA at the moment. I'm taking once he's a free agent. How many fights is that deal for?

If Arlovski can get back in off a win over Andreas Kraniotakes and a loss to Rumble before that, why not Semtex? If Barnett can return after multiple drug test failures and his piss ultimately killing Affliction, why not Semtex?

If you've read all that, well done. Semtex UFC return - What say you?
    I agree with everything except that bit.
    An unintuitive consequence of conditional probability.

I didn't mean it literally. I was having a bit of fun with the Mike Tyson quote. I was gonna use the "I'll fuck you til you love me, faggot" one but I thought , best not

As much as what Daley did was a dick move, yeah its been long enough now, his fights are never boring and he is made for the big show with his KO power. He needs to get some pictures of him kissing babies, curing lepers n shit and a twitter campaign might help..

Dana did say he would never have him back but then he did say Cyborg would never fight in the UFC and he seemed to have changed his tune on that of late. I think if Daley did come out and do a few interviews and brought up the Blanket..I mean Lolcheck incident and explained why he did it (in a rage or frustration) and said how genuinely sorry he was - granted he has done it before but doing it again will help further his cause - then a nice lil twitter campaign would probably put him over the top and get him back in there.. No offence to BAMMA but its pointless him being there, he deserves better fights and bigger events, dude is one of the UK's best imho, well at least as far as jaw droppingly exciting he is anyway.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Awhile back it made sense to stick to not bringing him back, GSP & several other top wrestlers who used wrestling as main attack meant Daley had little chance against the elite of the division.
    Now though its a different story & Daley's style matches up nicely against the entire division, making for a lot of fresh & exciting fights.

Whilst what he did was a dick move, he has apologised repeatedly & it was a long time. Dana has forgiven others so no reason he can't or won't here.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    As much as what Daley did was a dick move, yeah its been long enough now, his fights are never boring and he is made for the big show with his KO power. He needs to get some pictures of him kissing babies, curing lepers n shit and a twitter campaign might help..
    Haha, did you see the other day Tim Sylvia was saying Dana White blocked him on twitter because his fans (Sylvia has a couple apparently) were hassling Dana to bring him back? Maybe twitter isn't the way to go.

I did think Dana seemed to be softening his stance on Daley a bit last time it came up at a media scrum. I think it was around the time when Daley was on the MMA Hour with Helwani last year and campaigning to get on the Manchester card. Whereas before when journalists would ask Dana about Daley he'd say "No. He'll never fight in the UFC again", this time he was just giving vague answers like "I don't know". I think he might change his mind yet. Like you guys say, others have been forgiven.

I remember when Gilbert Yvel came to the UFC in 2010 or whenever it was and Dana was all giddy on his video blog before the JDS fight. Saying he was a "huge fan" of Yvel and was "pumped" to have him in the UFC and stuff. Yet Yvel smacked a referee about in a fight before (not in the UFC, but still). Who's to say he wouldn't have turned around and lamped poor old Yves Lavigne if he made a call that wasn't to Yvel's liking?

Thats a good call about Gilbert, to be fair, Dana would have given him a RTOTN bonus if he had (Referee Twatting of the Night in case you wondered, its a rare bonus)

The Timmy thing was quite sad, read some interview with him and he just sounded like a wounded puppy...to be fair his MMA record of late sucks balls from memory so god knows why he thought he even had a chance, maybe if they brought back Tank Abbott then Timmy may actually have a case.....just.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

If Yvel smacked Mazzagatti, Dana probably would've had him knighted, put him in the Hall of Fame and given him one of those Matt Hughes money-for-nothing jobs with Zuffa for life.

Those boobies are catching up in the poll. I see Koscheck's gynaecologist popped in and voted against a Daley return.

I would have no complaints with Daley going back to the UFC.

Not sure it will happen though.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Chances of being back in the UFC - Zero.
    Would I like to see him in the UFC - No.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.