Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bellator 110 *Spoilers*

Didn't feel Bellator made enough of a difference between this as a PPV & their usual free Spike TV shows. Well, apart from Frank Shamrock mugging for the camera after he asked a question.

Solid show though.
    Thought Page looked outstanding, still a long way to go & a lot of unanswered questions but could be a big star if Bellator take their time with him.
    Surprised at the Tito fight, figured he was getting wrecked in this. Haven't been online yet looking for the above hints at this fight not being legit. Until I do I thought Tito looked solid & beat a solid guy. Will be interesting to see what's next. Rampage apparently wants none of Newton instead looking for the Mo rematch. Tito has enough of a name that it wouldn't surprise me. Think Newton will be too much for him personally.
    I had Chandler/ Brooks a draw, gave Brooks round 3 (10/8) & round 4. Really screwed everything up though. Alvarez is the champion & I believe for him to get out of Bellator contract he agreed to fight Chandler & then give him a rematch. Nothing about title defgences against anyone else. Might cause big problems for Bellator. I fear we get a rematch of Chandler/ Brooks leaving a great talent like Alvarez sitting on the shelf.
    Rampage was his usual self, stumbling forwards & looking for the bomob. Mo's wrestrling looked good in 1st round & thought he had it in the bag, then did nothing in the last two rounds. Threw the fight away. Can't say I was calling for an immediate rematch myself after having sat through it. Rampage seems to be going backwards in terms of ability & Mo is a wrestler not an MMA fighter. At least they didn't kiss & make up following the fight as so many other manufactured pro-wrestling style "grudges" do.

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Tito is still a name to casual fans. Him winning isn't the worst thing in the world for Bellator.

I wouldn't say this is the best PPV I have ever seen, but it might be the one where I was most satisified with spending money on it. Very memorable show.
    I agree with all of that. Some good scraps on the night!
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Frank Shamrock showing up on a tv screen is the quickest way to get me to reach for the mute button.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Haven't seen it but I have thought Rampage has looked done for some time, even his last few UFC fights he turned into a one dimensional fighter, he has regressed for sure.

Page, fair play that dude is exciting, hope he carries on in the same vein for as long as he can get away with it, sport needs more people like this, showing some non MMA fan a dude like Page, Silva in his prime etc will always help sell the sport to those who think its just thuggery.. Plus, who doesn't love a flashy fucker, either for their skills or for rooting for someone to knock them the fuck out...

Tito, big bobble headed pile of wtf. Dude needs to retire even though he just got a won - he was 6/1 on Sky Sports odds I think and even then I thought that was them being generous, surprised he won, think they will match him and Rampage up next, possible loser leaves town as if Rampage looked shit and Tito is a walking poster boy for all things brittle, then I can see them having had their use out of their names and just keep one around...maybe recruit another old egg like Cro Cop or some such crazy.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Double post.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

In theory Rampage's next fight should be for the title. But he showed no interest in that fight.

If Bellator does another PPV, the top two fights should be Rampage/Tito and Alvarez/Brooks (or Chandler ir Chandler can beat Brooks in a rematch before then)

In theory Rampage's next fight should be for the title. But he showed no interest in that fight.

If Bellator does another PPV, the top two fights should be Rampage/Tito and Alvarez/Brooks (or Chandler ir Chandler can beat Brooks in a rematch before then)
    Was reading something yesterday that said Alvarez can turn down Brooks and defend against Chandler in the rematch if he wishes. Something to do with that new contract they gave him.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Was reading something yesterday that said Alvarez can turn down Brooks and defend against Chandler in the rematch if he wishes. Something to do with that new contract they gave him.
    Yeah Eddie wanted to leave last year to join the UFC.
    Bellator said he could if he rematched Chandler & then he'd be free to join the UFC, BUT if he beat Chandler he had to give Chandler a rematch.

As such Eddie is Champion but he's contracted to only fight Chandler. Bellator have a habit of screwing these things up!!

Will they make Alvarez sit out & wait for a Brooks/ Chandler rematch in the hope that Chandler wins & sets up the Chandler/ Alvarez trilogy?
    Does Bellator instead offer Eddie the Brooks fight instead of fighting Chandler. Knowing that Eddie could beat Brooks, walk out as their champion & with victories over the remaining top contenders?
    Do they let Eddie go & just set up Brooks/ Chandler 2 fore the vacant belt?

Frank Shamrock showing up on a tv screen is the quickest way to get me to reach for the mute button.
    Yes but are his teeth finally straight?
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

They got such a backlog at LW too.

Dave Jansen has won a tournament and needs a shot when he gets healthy, and there is another tournament final coming up here during the summer series between Freire/Held.