Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made 4 The Cage 14 Wain vs Mulheron Results

Default Made 4 The Cage 14 Wain vs Mulheron Results

Big heavyweight main event just taken place in the North East, with 'The Juggernaut' James Mulheron taking another huge scalp in a tough and close fight with Neil Wain. Full results here:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...14-results.htm

Mulheron mustn't be far away from a call. It was a very close fight though. Not the best iv seen mulheron but that was maybe due to wain being his best opponent yet.

Even though it was a close fight, on paper a 30-27 score card looks pretty convincing, with Thompson, Stav and Wain being his last 3 wins, I imagine he will be receiving a call soon enough, maybe one big fight on the Cagewarriors card in November.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Does m1? Have a lot of heavyweight fights?

Personally don't think fighting with the M1 would be in the best interest of James.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Is it biased?

30-27 was a disgrace imo. Very close fight both guys should be proud but thought James shaded 1st rd while 2nd rd Wain landed several clean jabs while James spinning backfists were missing. 3rd rd takedown by Wain surely had him winning that so maybe 1rd each for defo. Made4thecage seems to deliver top events but this top heavyweight fight has been overshadowed by poor judging and im sure Dale Percival, James Mulheron and Neil Wain will be looking to rectify that with a rematch asap

I can see your point of argument with round 2 for wain, but I think James did enough over the 3rd round to take it. I'm not sure the take down will of made a huge difference to the round. He literally stood straight back up

Thats a fair opinion Donkey, but the fact is 30-27 has made it look like judges were biased and the only takedown of the fight does make a difference. Im not saying Wain will beat Mulheron but surely for both fighters and defo for Made4thecage a rematch makes sence. If James is to progress surely he needs to put this one to bed like Wain did with his rematch with Robinson.

Can only say what i thought from the fight from my angle but from what i saw i thought the right man won. I thought the first round could have went either way but i gave James the 2nd and 3rd as for me he landed the better shots and landed more often and was landing combinations rather than just single shots.

As for the 30-27 I think people are looking too much into it. Regardless of how close the fight was when it comes to the scorecards it can often look on paper more one sided than it actually was. That's just one of the things that can happen with the scoring system though and it happens week in week out all around the world. No matter how close a fight is if one fighter does a fraction more in the judges eyes when it comes to the announcement it can make it sound as if it was more one sided than it was.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency