Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made 4 The Cage 14 Wain vs Mulheron Results

I agree Nathan it happens week in week out not sure about James landing most in 2nd yes he threw more combos but landed very little imo. My issue is this was and prob will be the biggest british heavyweight fight this year and everyone in north east says right decision and everyone in yorkshire would prob disagree. 2 top blokes and wish them both well but like i say im sure they both ( and mma fans )will be wanting a rematch.

how was the ww title fight?

Personally thought aj won it. Turner looked dangerous on the feet and aj new that. But mainly dominated with cage control and top position. The 1st and 3rd I think it was had aj on top for most part of them and if he wasn't on top had him pinned against the fence

Quote Originally Posted by frankieboy View Post
    I agree Nathan it happens week in week out not sure about James landing most in 2nd yes he threw more combos but landed very little imo. My issue is this was and prob will be the biggest british heavyweight fight this year and everyone in north east says right decision and everyone in yorkshire would prob disagree. 2 top blokes and wish them both well but like i say im sure they both ( and mma fans )will be wanting a rematch.
    Again i can only comment from the view i was sat at when reporting but it looked like he landed a number of punch kick combos that finished with a left kick to the body. But again that was from the angle i was viewing it from. I've seen fights in the past which appeared totally different to the notes i had writted down when i have rewatched the fight from a different angle.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    how was the ww title fight?
    It was a good fight but following the fight the feeling in the majority of the crowd was that Johnson was unlucky not to get the win.

First round Turner started well with his striking but then Johnson closed the distance and controlled against the cage for the majority of the round and got a takedown. Turner managed to wall walk back to his feet after a while but Johnson continued to control and chip away.

Second round was Turner's best as he got the takedown and was chipping away with shots from in Johnson's half-guard for a lot of the round.

Third round was completely dominant from Johnson however as he spent the round on top landing shots, advancing his position and looking for submissions.

what were the official scores in the AJ V Turner fight? Did someone say that 1 judge gave it to Turner with 1 to AJ and the other gave it 28-28???!
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    what were the official scores in the AJ V Turner fight? Did someone say that 1 judge gave it to Turner with 1 to AJ and the other gave it 28-28???!
    28-29, 29-28 & 29-29

Re: Wain vs. Mulheron. 30-27 looks like a washout, but it's one of those where every round was close. You could make a case for Mulheron winning every round, albeit only just. It's just one of those things. It makes it look that way but it was a very close, competitive fight. I don't think the takedown itself was enough to win Wain the third because Mulheron got back up straight away and was landing more strikes throughout the round. Tough one to call. Neil had his best success with some good jabs in round two and could have had that round. Overall I think James was probably busier but to reiterate there was very little between them. Was a great fight actually. Don't think there's much in a rematch for Mulheron though I would like to see it again!

In the welterweight title fight, rounds two and three were clear to Turner and Johnston respectively. Round one was the clincher. Turner won the first half of the round with good combos and low kicks. AJ then pressed him on the fence and controlled from there. Without a timer I couldn't split it but it certainly could have gone AJ's way depending on when the action changed. The judges scored rounds two and three the same, and round one was 10-9, 9-10 and 10-10. The only one the disagreed on (and shows how close it was I guess).

I gave the 1st two rounds as one a piece and the 3rd to Neil. James did well slipping Neil's left hook in the 1st so Neil obviously switched to the jab and scored consistently. Neil man handled James in every clinch so had more control . James comes across as a great lad with a great heart but Neil deserved the win or a draw at the very least fighting away from home . Only my opinion.

Paul

Apparently James approached Neil after the fight and agreed that Neil should have won, a rematch would be cool.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.