Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearson-Sanchez decision?

As bad a decision as Ive seen, right up there with Garcia/phan imo. Ross is trying to get teh decision overturned? Think its pointless and hopefully the UFC won't treat it as a loss and give Ross a top 5-15 guy in his next fight, he deseves it.

Thuoght his performance was excellent, and Sanchez looked as bad as Ive ever seen him but that was because he was striking with a guy that is far superior a boxer. That's what makes the decision even worse for me, I expected Diego to use the clinch, go for takedowns and do some work against the cage and rough Ross up! He did/could do none of it so in the 2 judges eyes Sanchez won a kickboxing match?

I could almost forgive the 1st round being scored quite close. the reality is it wasn't, it was still a Pearson round but most of the punches Ross was landing was to the body in the 1st; it's far easier for the judges to miss or be blindsided to body shots, or not be certain that they have landed but that is still a piss poor excuse because the best strikes of the round were Ross's body kicks that the judges couldn't miss. The other 2 rounds were so clear cut, he landed more, far harder, cleaner shots, floored his opponent and got the only takedown of the fight. The standard of judging and the criteria could affect the growth of the sport imo as this type of decision seems far to common

Pearsons been awarded 30k win bonus. Fair play to Dana

Terrible decision. When you go by the judging criteria Goldberg/Anik spouts at the start of every show - 'the three judges score the bout based on effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control' - Sanchez didn't beat Ross in ANY category in ANY round. The stats had him missing 101 of 134 thrown strikes. Ross won coming forward, countering, he got a takedown and Sanchez never came close...just baffling judging.

Dana said they're going to treat this like Ross won and match him up accordingly. And he's getting his 30K win money.

Horrible decision, I only watched the fight last night, had caught wind about something to do with dodgy scoring on a fight, up to that point hadn't seen any, was watching the fight wondering if it could be this one, before the scorecards were announced I was sat thinking, nope can't be this fight, thats a shutout for Ross 30-27 (Although as Johny said, I did think with hindsight you could call the first round close...ish, still Ross's round but if I had to pick one round to maybe give Diego, its that one - but I still wouldn't have scored it 10-9 Diego or even 10-10 - imho Ross won all 3) I couldn't believe when one gave it 30-27 to Diego, seriously thats not even close to being just a bit fucked up, that dude should never score another fight in his life, there is no excuse for such piss poor scoring, people make a living doing this, you cannot allow some blind bellend to fuck up their living in such a manner... Just wrong. Feel for Ross, good he got his money etc but even so, still sucks balls big time.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

New Mexico commission has called for a special meeting to go over this. Hopefully it fires those two judges.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!