Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Jon Jones being a whiny Big Baby?

Default Is Jon Jones being a whiny Big Baby?

Over his rematch with Big Al? All I keep reading is him spitting his dummy out about having to fight him, where the fight is taking place and keeping on bigging up Cormier. Is he right, should he be able to pick and choose? Choose location being the champ. Does this take place of local shows in this country?
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

He's just being a little bitch. Do any of the other champions behave like him?
    An unintuitive consequence of conditional probability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    He's just being a little bitch. Do any of the other champions behave like him?
    I sort of recall GSP doing something similar and forcing the Diaz fight but the contender, is this gonna be a sign of the times?

Its similar to when Anderson was reluctant to rematch Sonnen after the close 4 & a half rounds of the first fight.
    Tito was the same in avoiding Chuck, but struggling to remember any other champions with this attitude.

Don't forget how Jones refused a late minute replacement to Hendo & shut down an entire show. No other champion would have done that, but he got away with it so possibly feels he's in control.

Possibly the pressure is getting to Jones though, not saying he's had an easy time but he did have a comfortable run of two middleweights in Belfort & Chael & now he's got some killers on the horizon. Gus who must be motivated after the first fight. Cormier presumably next & then several guys like Rumble lining up after that.

I think its pretty clear he doesn't want to fight him again though Cormier could be a tougher fight, better wrestler? quick hands, he could do some real damage on the inside if he can get there. I like Jon, not a massive fan but respect his skills. Im just happy that he finally has sone real competition in the division as 1-2 years ago it was looking like GSPs reign at WW all over again

I still don't get how Jones shut down a show - Hendo was the one who didn't tell anyone about his injury til last minute, the UFC were the ones who put on a piss weak card the relied on that main event and couldn't stand up without it, why should Jones be forced into taking a new opponent at the last minute, did I miss somewhere that you have to fight anyone at any time regardless? Don't get me wrong I am not a Jones fan (as a person, superb fighter though) but him getting hung out to dry over that debacle is like me getting blamed for the Iraq war because I drive a car that uses oil.

The other thing about this whole scenario, it would make sense if he was calling out a can but he is calling out Cormier, its not like that is going to be any easier for Jones - I wonder if its more he wants to fight everyone once before moving up and by fighting Gusto again it delays his move to HW, if he gets injured in that fight it could put another 6-12 months on the timescale because he still has to get through Cormier after Gusto and then whoever else...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

How tall is Cormier in relation to Jones, is it that he can't deal with not having the advantage of reach and distance, I wonder can he see defeat if he faces Alex again wants to beat everyone and then jump divisions for a super fight before he loses the title saying I've beaten everyone so now is a good time to test myself

Quote Originally Posted by phil flynn View Post
    How tall is Cormier in relation to Jones, is it that he can't deal with not having the advantage of reach and distance, I wonder can he see defeat if he faces Alex again wants to beat everyone and then jump divisions for a super fight before he loses the title saying I've beaten everyone so now is a good time to test myself
    I think that could be a good point.
    I take nothing away from Jon, he uses his reach expertly and there are plenty of fighters in dfferent combat sports that have this advantage but are not able to utilise it to its full capacity. Jones and Wlad Klitschko are the 2 best examples of fighters perfecting their reach advantage. Personally I thought he beat Gus in the first but he clearly struggled not having that advantage. For what its worth I think he beats Gus again but loses to Cormier. I think Daniel will make him fight on the inside, and though Jon can utilise his knees and elbows to great effect, that is definately to cormiers advantage

Probably doesn't feel the need to have to beat the same guy again. It was a close fight but in the end Jones won it and that should be that. Jones will beat Gus up badly next time then get the superfight with Cormier.

I laughed so hard when Jones said he put his foot down on the fight not happening in Sweden. Not in a million years would the UFC put this fight in Sweden.

I wish Jones would just embrace it and go full heel.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!