Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vemola could conceivably become a triple-weight UCMMA champion

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Vemola could conceivably become a triple-weight UCMMA champion

fuck in hell, I'm looking forward to this show. missed wcmma last night *looks to the sky, shouts 'noooooo'*

Vemola is middleweight title holder, taking on Carl Kinslow for the lhw crown - then after that he could definitely step up to face the winner of Paul Taylor / Big Tom

can you think of anyone who has been an organisation's triple weight champ?

http://ucmma.tv/index.php/component/...-40-fight-card

also on that card, the wildest spectacle fight that has ever taken place on British shores, Ben Smith vs Tony Giles under UK-1 rules. that is extreme. something amazing is going to happen either way.

ucmma champions:

http://ucmma.tv/index.php/features-m.../mma-champions
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Haha. That uk1 is going to be messy.

Hadn't seen Vemola about since UFC but I'm behind on the domestic. At high level HW he can't cut it. He's simply undersized but he can put on a show. No, I don't expect him to win in 3 weights. He should stay at mw in my opinion and get used to his bodyweight. He's no Anderson or Vitor.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

I think a 210lb Vemola has the skillset to give Taylor some trouble, for sure. And with all due respect, if he weighed in at 185 on the day he'd still handle Big Tomasz.

What's incredible to me is that Taylor is fighting Czerwinski for the heavyweight title. Tomasz is 5-7 on Sherdog, but there are a couple of losses that still need to be added. Notably to Dayman Lake at Fury recently. The same Dayman Lake who is fighting Mikey fucking Tiger on the undercard.

Mikey vs Tomasz would be a mismatch of epic proportions...how they can justify putting him in with Dayman is beyond me. It's like they're not even trying anymore.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I discovered that Tommy is fighting that big lump Alexandre Lungu in Poland or something before this match

*edit, someone explain for me Mikey Tiger. I couldn't read that dog-shit thread
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post

Mikey vs Tomasz would be a mismatch of epic proportions...how they can justify putting him in with Dayman is beyond me. It's like they're not even trying anymore.
    has mikey tiger made so many posters and videos that he believes his own bullshit?

or do UCMMA need to put up a new World record knockout every show now? either be the mikey tiger or ben schneider fights. (ben got KO'd by marian rusu in 8 secs last show)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    I discovered that Tommy is fighting that big lump Alexandre Lungu in Poland or something before this match

*edit, someone explain for me Mikey Tiger. I couldn't read that dog-shit thread
    He actually beat Lungu at the weekend! Dude is pretty much Manny Yarborough level morbidly obese these days though!

Mikey is a Polish guy who popped up a while back, claiming to be 14-0 in Poland yet there was no footage of his fights. Apparently he had tapes at a relative's house back home or something, as you do.

He ended up being booked on Combat Challenge, and started making his own posters. Apparently he claimed he'd do a load of tickets, and then there was some beef with the show when nobody actually turned up on the day. Neither did his opponent mind, so they let him go in the cage with the title belt and start calling people out.

Then, he uploaded the infamous 'Mikey Tiger Poland Legend' montage video.

He started pestering FCC for a fight. One of the guys went to watch him training and it was clear he didn't know his arse from his elbow. Adam wanted to give him a shot though, as he was getting rinsed online, and matched him with a 43 year old first timer who had been training MMA for about 6 months since retiring from the fire service. Couldn't really get a fairer fight for him.

So Mikey rocks up for the weigh ins in full FCC gear that he'd bought of the website, crushing everyone's hands with his kung-fu grip (literally left us all wincing) and telling anyone who will listen that he is "Strong, like Tiger". It was amazing.

Anyway, then this happened.

Andy Eatock vs Mikey Tiger

Mikey spent the next year or so asking for a rematch and going to various police stations demanding that they make FCC take the video down, as he was getting so much stick at work for getting leathered off an old man (seriously).

He then went down to Southend, did a bit of training at TSG (again, buying all the shirts, tracksuits etc and making his own posters). I think he had two ammy fights on AWOL, similar results. He then went pro and had a fight in Poland against a human carpet (legit the hairiest man I've ever seen) and won, although in all seriousness it looked a bit suspect.

He's currently setting up his own team, Team Tiger and getting his own branded clothing line (believe it or not, for the second time).

Joking aside, I don't think he's all there. He's clearly delusional about fighting, anyway. I know he's been asked/told to leave a few gyms for various reasons.

He was booked on WFS, pulled a week before and instantly popped up on the UCMMA card. Given what was going on at the time with phone calls allegedly being made to people on the card, you can draw your own conclusions on that one.

Matching him with Dayman is not cool though. I understand that Lake shifts a few tickets, but Mikey is being taken advantage of here. He shouldn't be fighting a lot of the ammy guys in the UK, let alone pros, and certainly not someone as experienced and capable as Dayman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Tomasz vs Lungu

"Matching him with Dayman is not cool though. I understand that Lake shifts a few tickets, but Mikey is being taken advantage of here. He shouldn't be fighting a lot of the ammy guys in the UK, let alone pros, and certainly not someone as experienced and capable as Dayman"

This statement rings utlimately true. I like to see somebody get a beat-down if they think they are all that and get humbled (including my brother), however, suspecting somebody might have some serious mental issues changes the playing ground.
    If not for Mr Tiger, at least Dayman deserves better competition out of respect for his own career.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Jesus, 9 fighters with winning records on the entire card, including a 1-0 and 2-0, Cona's 8th fight for UCMMA as well and still to register a single win...I don't think I'd even watch that card if it was in my garden.. Such a shame, Cage Rage used to have great matchmaking but UCMMA is certainly not even close to the worst Cage Rage cards these days... C'mon Dave, pull ya finger out!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I approve of the Mikey Tiger cliff notes. I don't approve of dangerous squash matches.