Thread: UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Predictions- Kamikaze Overdrive

Default UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Predictions- Kamikaze Overdrive

UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Predictions- Saturday July 5th 2014

UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida- This Episode of the show covers Predictions for 5 main card fights on the UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida cards.

UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Prelim predictions are available @ http://www.kamikazeoverdrive.net/ufc...m-predictions/

$10 Bet Packs can be purchased @ http://www.kamikazeoverdrive.net/betting-packages/

Sign up for Sprawl N Brawl Fantasy MMA to test your prediction skills and win some prizes: http://www.kamikazeoverdrive.net/spr...l-fantasy-mma/

kamikazeoverdrive.net @ http://kamikazeoverdrive.net/

MAIN CARD
    185lbs- Chris Weidman (C) vs #3 Lyoto Machida
    135lbs- Ronda Rousey (C) vs #2 Alexis Davis
    265lbs- #12 Stefan Struve vs Matt Mitrione
    185lbs- Uriah Hall vs Thiago Santos
    135lbs- Marcus Brimage vs Russell Doane

PRELIMINARY CARD
    135lbs- #2 Urijah Faber vs #12 Alex Caceres
    170lbs- Kenny Robertson vs Ildemar Alcantara
    185lbs- Chris Camozzi vs Bruno Santos
    135lbs-George Roop vs Rob Font
    185lbs- Luke Zachrich vs Guilherme Vasconcelos
    185lbs- Kevin Casey vs Bubba Bush

Please comment and subscribe to my channel: Kamikaze Overdrive MMA Predictions

in the ones I care about this weekend: Weidman (although I hold the right to change my mind), Rousey, Struve, Faber, and Edgar.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I honestly have no idea how to go in the Weidman vs Machida...
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

I think it's an interesting match up, I just think weidman will do more and win a decision, though I hope I'm wrong. No interest in rousey and in the fights I care about I've got mittrione, Faber and roop

most polls I have seen have Machida as the public favorite. That surprizes me. Although a bunch of those could just be Anderson lovers.

I'd be happy to see this go either way and I expect it to go either way.
    I'm split man. Maybe Sonnen can fight the winner.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

I'm going with Machida by decision but it's ridiculously hard to call. Just liking the way Machida has looked so far at 185 and he might be trickier stylistically for Weidman than Anderson was even. Really, fuck knows though. I'm just slightly leaning towards a Machida win by the slightest of margins, like 51-49 in favour of the Piss Drinking Dragon.

Rousey will win and probably dominate but I've got a feeling this is actually going to be harder than a lot of people think. And a longer fight than expected. Rousey by sub but I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say it won't necessarily be the armbar everyone expects. Maybe a rear naked choke around the 3rd or 4th. Just think she might need to bust out a couple of new tricks in this one given Davis' BJJ.

I expect Faber to wreck Bruce Leroy in a short exciting fight. Struve to sub Meathead but will probably come out with a face like a savaged vagina. He rarely ever just wins and gets out unscathed.

Edgar will probably 50-45 Penn on Sunday, although I'm hoping against all logic that Penn will surprise everyone and be licking blood off his gloves at the finish like a maniac. Edgar 50-45 though.

I think the main event going the distance is a safer bet than trying to pick a winner. Just heard that Weidman had both of his knees scoped recently. That's scary. You don't get your knees scoped for no reason. So as of right now I have changed my pick to Machida. But I could change my mind back in the next 48 hours. haha.

George Roop $1.54 vs Rob Font $2.85

I have gain a lot of respect for what George Roop brings to the cage, but it is still hard to back him in the role of the favourite. Font is an interesting case, he is cutting from Featherweight for the first time and has some solid wins over pretty decent regional talent. If he can plant one on Roop's chin he could find victory or at least roll the complexion of the fight in his favour. I am just not convinced that he can land that big shot though. He is going to struggle to close distance and even when he does, I am not sold on his power at this level. For me I expect to see Roop moving a long, landing kicks and combos, and then shooting for a takedown Georgie boy will most likely never contend for a title, but I can see him carving out a nice spot for himself as a gatekeeper to the upper echelon. I like where Roop is price wise and he will most likely make the cut on a couple of different parlays.

Stefan Struve/ Matt Mitrione Total Rounds Over 1.5 $2.46- Struve is a very slow starter, usually takes a round to get it going. If that is the case this fight has an excellent chance of going over. There is all kinds of potential and reason to believe that it finishes quick, but look for both guys to be a little cautious early and not really start to open up until the second frame.