Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cage Warriors to Launch "Four Nations" Title Belts

I think alot that are thinking negative about it associate a lower level MMA title to maybe a small show that has local ticket sellers on and there is no emphasis on fair matching etc

This seems a good way of getting their rostered guys involved that may not have the experience to challenge for a world title. Lets not forget the calibre of fighters that are the respective world champions.

It adds more focus to the home shows and adds a bit of spice to things.

Good move IMO
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I think the idea of local champions is great.

I'd love for there to be a London champion, or a Liverpool champion, Dublin, all the places they regularly go. make for a fuckin intense atmosphere if a local fighter were challenging for or defending the title.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I know a few organizations have tried things like this before. Way back in the day the IFC did it, having world and US champions. TKO/UCC up in Canada had both world and Canadian champions.

I can't say that it hurt the promotions, but I wouldn't say that it helped them either really.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Well, there certainly isn't a promotion that has the roster and ability to back it up like Cage Warriors. If everyone is cool with obscure local shows having seven varieties of championship gold, then I see no reason why this can't be a good thing for CWFC. It's a long way to the Cage Warriors world titles, and this would make for some interesting fights and storylines along the way. A "Four Nations" CW title would carry more prestige than almost any other belt on offer on domestic shows.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

^ and one-night, four nations championship tournament would be pretty special.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    a "four nations" cw title would carry more prestige than almost any other belt on offer on domestic shows.
    qft...............