View Poll Results: who win? bet! bet! bet!

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jones by smash

4 17.39%
  • Jones by submission

0 0%
  • Jones by decision

4 17.39%
  • Cormier by smash

7 30.43%
  • Cormier by submission

0 0%
  • Cormier by decision

4 17.39%
  • Boobs

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier

first of all, respect and sympathy to Gus, horrible shit, hope he makes a good recovery.

This Jones/Cormier fight is amazing. Cormier has to be one of the best, most appropriate back-up title challengers of all time (can you think of any as good/better?). the winner is going to dominate for a while imo.

multi-faceted genius vs incredible wrestler, solid kickboxer, never puts a foot wrong. both tough bastards.

either could win by KO or submission. if it goes the distance, no way in fucking hell is this is going to be a boring fight.

I'm excited, this is going to be great! come on, there's a poll, bet, bet, bet.
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 24-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I am more excited about this fight than I was for Jones/Gus 2.

Going to be going with Cormier come fight time.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Yeah i agree with that. I think Jones beats gus a bit more comfortably but will still be in a fight, Ive git Cormier by decision though, I think he jas the right tools to beat bones. Voted Boobs though

Tell you what, it's a good job they didn't book that massive stadium in Sweden now, isn't it?

I agree RKing85 - I love this fight. I had a feeling Jones was going to beat Gustafsson more comfortably this time. Could be wrong but I just felt like he might've been surprised by Gus's improvements, especially in his wrestling, and might've taken him a bit lightly. I don't have a clue how this Cormier fight goes though. I want to say Jones, but then has DC even dropped a round yet? Jones is undoubtedly Cormier's toughest fight yet but I think he's up to making a real fight of it, at least.

This is the first fight in years that has got me legit excited and I'm going to stay up for. I hope DC runs through him but it really could go either way.

I cant wait!
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

the more I think about it, the more logic has come to me.

IF Cormier was 100% without question, I would for sure be picking him. But with his knee injured, I'm just not sure. I think I should probably pick Jones come fight time. But I will certainly be wanting Cormier to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    This is the first fight in years that has got me legit excited
    agreed! this is going to be pretty cool.

also want DC to win but fear Jones might pull it out the bag.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Whoever wins I won't be shocked, could be over either way inside of a round or could be a 5 round, love these kind of fights where either dude could beat the other and I wouldn't be surprised.

Looking forward to this fight, the Gus rematch would have been fun but this is the unknown...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

and now Jones with that nasty cut on his eyebrow. If Cormier gets Jones, or should I say when he gets him down, you know he's going to be grinding into that scar.

I'm so torn on this fight! I keep going back and forth. I guess that's the sign of a good fight.

Joey Oddessa, king of the mma bookmakers (apparently?):

I think Cormier is going to beat him,” he said. “I saw (Jones) open at -185, and I couldn’t believe Jones was favored that high. It went as high as -225. I don’t think Jones has ever fought anybody like Cormier. The only way Cormier loses this fight is if they stop it on a cut. Cormier is a bully; he’s like Tim Boetsch times 100 with Olympic-caliber wrestling. Not to compare freestyle and (Greco-Roman) wrestling, because that’s a debate in an of itself, but he ragdolled Dan Henderson. He abused him.

“I think Cormier can stop Jones. I think he can swell (Jones) up. Numbers-wise, they’re probably going to bet Jones because of the preview shows are going to do a lot of justice for Jones and people are going to look at Cormier and say, ‘Look at the physique on this guy,’ (as opposed to) Jon Jones. Nike, physique, (he’s) crushing guys, he’s arguably pound-for-pound the best.”

“Lucas Brown was an undefeated heavyweight (boxer); Daniel knocked him out in an MMA bout in his third MMA bout, and this is the guy that they’re pitching as the next great heavyweight. Look who Dan’s beat. He won that (Strikeforce) grand prix; he abused (Josh) Barnett. One thing a lot of people don’t know is he beat Dean Morrison in the Olympic trials, and Dean is very similarly built to Jon Jones. I’m going to bet Cormier, and I’m going to bet a significant chunk on him.”
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/oddsmak...gor-overpriced
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 03-08-2014 at 12:21 PM.