View Poll Results: Cerrone vs Alvarez - who wins?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cerrone

8 57.14%
  • Alvarez

6 42.86%
  • Boobs

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez @ UFC 178??

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

brilliant card. takes the piss in a way when you see what they can do, but they are so content to put on shows with 70% of the card having fewer than 2-3 ufc fights behind them.

bah, not complaining, this is great.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Yeah, compare UFC 178 to UFC 177.

Outside Dillashaw vs Barao 2, 177 is fucking dire. Danny Castillo vs Tony Ferguson as a PPV co-main event is madness. It's a good fight but co-main event on PPV? It's one of the weakest PPV lineups they've ever done.

178, even with losing Jones vs Cormier, is still quality. I'm not crazy about Johnson vs Cariaso but the rest of the card is great. Especially Cerrone vs Alvarez and McGregor vs Poirier.

if the main events were switched, with Johnson/Cariaso as the 177 main event, no way in hell 177 would do over 100,000 buys.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Yeah, that would've been even worse. 177 still might do less than 100K though. I think it'll bomb worse than UFC 174 did. At least 174 had an interesting co-main event of Rory MacDonald vs Tyron Woodley, plus the UFC return of Arkovski (even though it turned out shit). 177's undercard is going to add nothing to the buys. Whatever it gets it's all down to Dillashaw and Barao. And as good a fight as that is, I doubt it'll draw much. Even with the rematch backstory, because the first fight wasn't even competitive. I can see 177 doing between 80-100K tops.

Anyway, back to the positives. Once we get 177 out the way, we've got a long stretch of great PPVs. If injuries don't fuck them up...

UFC 178 - Sep
    Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso - FLW Title
    Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez
    Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier

UFC 179 - Oct in Brazil
    Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2 - FW Title
    Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis
    They could possibly add something like Shogun vs Little Nog to this as well. Shogun's manager hinted at it on twitter.

UFC 180 - Nov in Mexico
    Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum - HW Title
    Likely undercard of Diego Sanchez, Kelvin Gastelum, maybe Ricardo Lamas vs Dennis Bermudez.

UFC 181 - Dec
    Chris Weidman vs Vitor Belfort - MW Title
    Anthony Pettis vs Gilbert Melendez - LW Title

UFC 182 - Jan
    Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier - LHW Title

UFC 183 - Jan
    Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz

Plus Hendricks vs Lawler 2 will be in there somewhere. Lawler wants it in January so they'll probably co-main under Jones-DC or Silva-Diaz. And a Rousey title defense will no doubt be added. Maybe even Rousey vs Carano.
    Last edited by wandshogun09; 21-08-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wandshogun09 View Post
    Yeah, that would've been even worse. 177 still might do less than 100K though. I think it'll bomb worse than UFC 174 did. At least 174 had an interesting co-main event of Rory MacDonald vs Tyron Woodley, plus the UFC return of Arkovski (even though it turned out shit). 177's undercard is going to add nothing to the buys. Whatever it gets it's all down to Dillashaw and Barao. And as good a fight as that is, I doubt it'll draw much. Even with the rematch backstory, because the first fight wasn't even competitive. I can see 177 doing between 80-100K tops.

Anyway, back to the positives. Once we get 177 out the way, we've got a long stretch of great PPVs. If injuries don't fuck them up...

UFC 178 - Sep
    Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso - FLW Title
    Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez
    Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier

UFC 179 - Oct in Brazil
    Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2 - FW Title
    Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis
    They could possibly add something like Shogun vs Little Nog to this as well. Shogun's manager hinted at it on twitter.

UFC 180 - Nov in Mexico
    Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum - HW Title
    Likely undercard of Diego Sanchez, Kelvin Gastelum, maybe Ricardo Lamas vs Dennis Bermudez.

UFC 181 - Dec
    Chris Weidman vs Vitor Belfort - MW Title
    Anthony Pettis vs Gilbert Melendez - LW Title

UFC 182 - Jan
    Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier - LHW Title

UFC 183 - Jan
    Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz

Plus Hendricks vs Lawler 2 will be in there somewhere. Lawler wants it in January so they'll probably co-main under Jones-DC or Silva-Diaz. And a Rousey title defense will no doubt be added. Maybe even Rousey vs Carano.
    Last time Rousey was mentioned they were looking at UFC 181 but can't see them sticking three title fights on a card.

As for Hendricks/Lawler 2 that'd be an interesting one to see where they placed it if it went on the Silva/Diaz card. Have the UFC ever not had a title fight headline a card when a title had been fought for?
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

They used to do it quite a bit.

UFC 48 - Ken Shamrock vs Kimo headlined over the Sylvia vs Mir heavyweight title fight.

UFC 50 - Ortiz vs Cote headlined over the first Hughes vs St Pierre welterweight title fight.

UFC 51 - Ortiz vs Belfort headlined over TWO title fights, Arkovski vs Sylvia and Tanner vs Terrell.

I don't think they've done it since around that time though.

I think they'd make an exception for Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz. I couldn't see that playing second fiddle to Hendricks vs Lawler. Wouldn't really matter anyway, they'd both still be 5 rounds.

And yeah, no way they stick Rousey on as a third title fight at UFC 181. She'll probably end up as the Jones vs Cormier co-main against Carano if they can sign her, if not then the Zingano vs Nunes winner maybe.

all those cards look nice on paper, but I guarantee at least one, and probably more, of those fights will fall through before they happen due to injuries.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!