Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new video from the brutal Muay Thai session at Tiger Muay thai trials

Default Brand new video from the brutal Muay Thai session at Tiger Muay thai trials

This is the second episode in the 2014 Tiger Muay Thai fighter tryouts documentary. It was the Muay thai session and the trainers were brutal! Check it out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du1r...OXx5Ol6yIbUy9w
    Shay Walsh Lancaster and Morecambe MMA Extreme strength and coditioning

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ah, Shay on the telly, awesome, nice one! wow, that looked like a few very hard, semi-fight-ending body shots they hit you with. borderline out-of-order trainers, i'll be honest, that's a bit much! fair play to you.

Ncedo Gomba - one to watch, crikey.

'this fuckin sux' lol *press ups*
    quality
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

very interesting to note a mixed reaction on the UG. lots of people unimpressed with the ferocious trainers

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thre...-OUCH/?&page=1
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Interesting mixed reaction there, as someone who took part I don't think it was as bad as some people were saying. Training like that would be stupid but it wasn't a training session it was a trial. I knew it was going to get a bit rough and didn't have a problem with it. I trained for the trials like I would for a fight, if you can't handle a few kicks you have no right to be there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mmashay View Post
    I knew it was going to get a bit rough and didn't have a problem with it. I trained for the trials like I would for a fight.
    fair play to you! that is rough indeed. almost worth you signing up there to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    fair play to you! that is rough indeed. almost worth you signing up there to tell them.
    Ive just signed up but have to wait until its been authorized. Big mix of opinions on the underground..

I can understand wanting to separate the wheat from the chaff - those with the balls to carry on and those that break - but ponytail dude took it over the line. Hard low kicks, knees to the body, trips, all within the boundaries of a terrorising and hard pad session. Kicking and kneeing guys in the head when you've tripped them to the mat? Too far.

Quote Originally Posted by mmashay View Post
    Interesting mixed reaction there, as someone who took part I don't think it was as bad as some people were saying. Training like that would be stupid but it wasn't a training session it was a trial. I knew it was going to get a bit rough and didn't have a problem with it. I trained for the trials like I would for a fight, if you can't handle a few kicks you have no right to be there anyway.
    i think you sum it up well mate. part of me wants to say thats out of order how viscious they are, but as you say it's a trial, and they can't beat you any worse than someone you're fighting would and if someone can't handle that then you're right, they've no place being there.

does look really brutal though. the thais don't fuck about
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

i guess it was just the muay thai equivelent of the S&C beach session. obviously haven't seen the whole workout but it looked absolutely gruelling, and i say that as a personal trainer and S&C coach. that tested and tried to break the weak the same way i guess the thai guys wanted to test the ability to take a serious hiding and come back for more.

fair play everyone who was there
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I can understand wanting to separate the wheat from the chaff - those with the balls to carry on and those that break - but ponytail dude took it over the line. Hard low kicks, knees to the body, trips, all within the boundaries of a terrorising and hard pad session. Kicking and kneeing guys in the head when you've tripped them to the mat? Too far.
    i often find myself nodding while reading jay's posts. here especially, bit of 'yeah, damn right'ing too.

lol @ the concept of a 'terrorising pad session'