Thread: the cagewarriors $2,000 bounty bonus

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default the cagewarriors $2,000 bounty bonus

from a fan's perspective, awesome. it would be interesting to hear what trainers think the effect will be on fights.

plus, does this have any effect on betting? i dunno, but any move to put more money in fighters' pockets and encourage an exciting fight sounds great.

CWFC CEO Graham Boylan told MMAJunkie.com on Friday that the promotion is instituting a $2,000 bounty bonus for any fighter on a card who finishes a bout via one of the following 10 methods:

- Head kick knockout
    - Twister
    - Knee bar
    - Heel hook
    - Gogoplata
    - Flying knee knockout
    - Superman punch knockout
    - Knockout in less than 60 seconds
    - Spinning knockout
    - Slam knockout
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cag...Finishes-71979
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    from a fan's perspective, awesome. it would be interesting to hear what trainers think the effect will be on fights.

plus, does this have any effect on betting? i dunno, but any move to put more money in fighters' pockets and encourage an exciting fight sounds great.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cag...Finishes-71979
    does that mean a headkick knockout in less than 60 seconds is worth 4k?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

yes, i think it would be a nice touch if Graham paid what he owes.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
    does that mean a headkick knockout in less than 60 seconds is worth 4k?
    Nope, it's one bounty per fighter, per fight.

But...

Let's say you get a flying knee KO and it's the best KO on the card. You'd get the bounty, 'KO of the Night' and the finishing bonus (all main card fighters get a bonus for finishing).
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

i think its a great idea but i think also it has the ability to distract fighters.

The primary objective is to win the fight not to win the fight by one of these measures, the bonus will come from a consequence of an opportunity that arises in the fight as opposed to trying to manufacture a KO from one of these moves because you will win a bonus.