Thread: Stop me if you've heard this one before: Bisping back in contention?

Default Stop me if you've heard this one before: Bisping back in contention?

Stop me if you've heard this one before: Bisping back in contention?

Has there ever been a fighter more permanently a fight or two away from contention for so long than Bisping? I believe he now holds the record for most UFC wins without a title shot. Crazy.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Stop....

lol yeah a bit like Faber.

Its a shame Mike can't get past that title eliminator.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this one before: Bisping back in contention?

Has there ever been a fighter more permanently a fight or two away from contention for so long than Bisping? I believe he now holds the record for most UFC wins without a title shot. Crazy.
    Bispings problem he is the best of the rest outwith the top 5. He isnt in the same league as the likes of Machida/ weidman, silva and belfort but better than the likes of Munoz, Boetsch, Cung Le etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Bispings problem he is the best of the rest outwith the top 5. He isnt in the same league as the likes of Machida/ weidman, silva and belfort but better than the likes of Munoz, Boetsch, Cung Le etc...
    pretty much sums it up.

he could/should well have had wins over rashad, wanderlei and sonnen on his record.

he's never quite been the level of the top few but certainly best of the rest.

epitomises what hard work and dedication can do
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

It's possible a win over rockhold could get him a shot as machida has recently fought for the belt and so will Belfort soon? He's likely 2 wins away but I think he loses to rockhold unfortunately

too many guys ahead of him right now. He would need at least 2 more wins, and both would have to be over top 10 guys. And at least one of those a top 5 guy.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Rockhold must be virtually top 5? I think IF he can win that fighthe's in the mix for an eliminator. Problem is the division is currently as good as its ever been and like Nimmy said he's not going to beat weidman/silva/machida and probably gets beat by Rockhold/Souza/Clean Vitor?